It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proganic(R) is the 2010 "Biomaterial of the Year" - Can Almost Replace Plastic Completely!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
"This material made of 100% renewable raw materials and minerals can replace ordinary plastic almost completely!"

Source:

newsblaze.com...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by manta78]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
This is cool... Biodegradable too.

This is the direction human ingenuity should be heading in.

Gonna take a while for the ever lagging free-market to respond, and begin rolling this out in all shapes and forms, but its good to know its out there.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

That's amazing.
It pleases me to see that the realization of true eco-friendly materials is close at hand.
Good find.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Nice find, thanks.

Now all we need is a cool new technology to break down all the non-biodegradable materials we've been using all these years......

- coffeecups

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
WOW!

great stuff (and you know the Germans always make great stuff - to borrow a quote!)

it's a damn shame we don't hear about this kind of thing - and the vehicles used for promotion and dispersion of information such as the Biomaterial Congress and the Hannover Messe. reading the linked-to article, it suddenly occurred to me that part of the anti-EU sentiment in the US might very possibly be the product of propaganda aimed not at preserving some sort of vague independence or set of undefined principles so necessary to life and liberty...but rather at preserving big-money profiteers of fossil fuel technologies!

just like with prohibition and the criminalization of hemp/THC back in the early 20th century!

let's not be fooled again!

i hate the "shame on me" part of that!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Naturally the Germans create it. Not that industry here in the US would be pushing the wave on important developments like this. What we need is a system in place to seriously disincentivize the investment and banking system from simply making their 'money' by trading stocks and derivatives and essentially forcing them to invest in development and innovation. No doubt there are awesome products languishing all over the country for lack of funding. meanwhile, Wall Street focuses on ways to manipulate the markets and create esoteric investment vehicles.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is a great piece of news

Our society is so heavily dependant on plastics; I've been saying for 40 for years that petroleum is far too valuable to be burning it in car engines. We certainly need more bioplastics to replace fossil-fuel plastics. And biodegradable ones at that. There is hope after all

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Yes I have been amazed myself that the MSM has not picked up on this to date. Guess they are not the "green thinkers" that they pretend to be.

new topics

top topics

join