It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Draft 2010 !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
wow! just a heads up for those who just emerged from their bunker

like myself..

The NFL draft 1st round is happening now...

you can track it here:

scores.espn.go.com...

if interested..

1st round picks

1 St. Louis Sam Bradford (QB) Oklahoma
2 Detroit Ndamukong Suh (DT) Nebraska
3 Tampa Bay Gerald McCoy (DT) Oklahoma
4 Washington Trent Williams (OT) Oklahoma
5 Kansas City Eric Berry (S) Tennessee
6 Seattle Russell Okung (OT) Oklahoma St
7 Cleveland Joe Haden (CB) Florida
8 Oakland Rolando McClain (ILB) Alabama
9 Buffalo C.J. Spiller (RB) Clemson
10 Jacksonville Tyson Alualu (DT) California
11 San Francisco Anthony Davis (OT) Rutgers
12 San Diego Ryan Mathews (RB) Fresno St
13 Philadelphia Brandon Graham (OLB) Michigan
14 Seattle Earl Thomas (S) Texas
15 NY Giants Jason Pierre-Paul (DE) S Florida
16 Tennessee Derrick Morgan (DE) Ga Tech
17 San Francisco Mike Iupati (OG) Idaho
18 Pittsburgh Maurkice Pouncey (C) Florida
19 Atlanta Sean Weatherspoon (OLB) Missouri
20 Houston Kareem Jackson (CB) Alabama
21 Cincinnati Jermaine Gresham (TE) Oklahoma
22 Denver Demaryius Thomas (WR) Ga Tech
23 Green Bay Bryan Bulaga (OT) Iowa
24 Dallas Dez Bryant (WR) Oklahoma St
25 Denver Tim Tebow (QB) Florida
26 Arizona Dan Williams (DT) Tennessee
27 New England Devin McCourty (CB) Rutgers
28 Miami Jared Odrick (DT) Penn State
29 NY Jets Kyle Wilson (CB) Boise St
30 Detroit Jahvid Best (RB) California
31 Indianapolis Jerry Hughes (OLB) TCU
32 New Orleans Patrick Robinson (CB) Florida St

[edit on 4/23/2010 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Woohoo!!!! My 'Boys got Dez Bryant. I wanted them to trade up early in the draft to get him; instead, as my displeasure was growing, they traded from 27 to 24 and still get him. Our offense is set!!!

Now we need to focus on OT & Safety....and maybe a FG kicker late.

My dream of the Cowboys playing on their home field in the Super Bowl is getting closer to a reality.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

That first round was strange.... but I am happy that you are celebrating your teams selection..

My team was absent in the 1st round, Coach Fox was probably napping this evening

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

As a defensive-minded coach, Rex Ryan has a motto: You can never have too many corners. With that thought in mind, the New York Jets selected Boise State cornerback Kyle Wilson with their first-round pick, the 29th overall.

Wilson was projected as a top-15 talent on many draftboards, but he slipped to the bottom of the round -- and the Jets gladly broke his fall.

Wilson, from Piscataway, N.J., is an aggressive cornerback, regarded as an excellent team leader. He can be too aggressive at times, but he had four interceptions last season. With Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie on the team, Wilson will be used as the nickel corner in the slot.

He's also an outstanding punt returner. That, too, fills a need for the Jets. sports.espn.go.com...

I guess that's good ... gets me over the Jason Taylor thing ... sort of.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

It was wild seeing the ESPN draft room guys talking about Wilson in the chat window from the link I put in th OP...

They all loved him at first, then when he started dropping, some were saying that he didn't play against real competition at Boise St.. then some were questioning whether he had a medical issue etc...

then when the Jets picked him, they were back to kudos kudos kudos..

I was laughing at them the whole time, their predictions make weathermen look like experts

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

I was laughing at them the whole time, their predictions make weathermen look like experts

Well, as has well been proven, when it comes to football "weathermen" predictions are 3rd rate ... dogs predict best!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Good luck with that

Your boys just picked up ANOTHER bad character guy....I lost count a long time ago ! Didn't they learn anything from the past

As long as you got Wade, it ain't happening! And Jerry needs to fire himself as GM....

The Saints will exact revenge on Thanksgiving. However, your boys will have a strong regular season, gaining them HFA. Then the Saints roll in again for the NFC Championship.

Then, the Saints return to Jerry World (or the Death Star as I prefer to call it) 2 weeks later to win their second Championship in a row....yep, THREE wins for New Orleans in your house this year.

**EDIT** to add- this sounds like a weak rant from a long-beleaguered Saints fan
and well...it is. My hatred for the Cowboys runs deep, and living in Dallas for the past 7 years hasn't helped, nor has my addiction to This

If we ever have a D/FW ATS GTG we can talk about it

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8816b58afa40.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Signals]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Bryant's character question is certainly valid. However, his past problem (singular) has to do with maturity, not criminal activity. I think, or at least hope, he will pull it together. So far as the rest of your comment....time will tell who the better team is.

P.S. try 105.3 the Fan....much better than the ticket IMO

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Don't know much about Kareem Jackson, that pick took a lot of Houstonians by surprise I'm sure. I'm willing to give the Texans management the benefit of the doubt, they've been striking gold the past few years. We still need a free safety and running back, and I wouldn't be surprised if they take Taylor Mays and Toby Gerhardt (who we can pair with Slaton) today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Tebow in Denver is not a good situation, he's got nobody to learn from.

What really pisses me off is the Colts getting Jerry Hughes, talk about having a guy fall in your lap. That guys motor doesn't stop.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Don't know much about Kareem Jackson

Ask TheRedneck, he's a big Roll Tide Fan

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

That right, I forgot.

BTW, as much as I hate to say it, I think Dallas did good with Bryant. On a scale of bad things someone can do to harm their reputation, his are extremely minor and one seemed more like an honest mistake as far as the Deion Sanders thing went. The kid's got scary talent. He could be an Andre Johnson clone if he keeps his nose clean............errrrr...............BAD Cowboy reference!

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Denver is either crazy or genius in what they're doing...I can't tell which.

I'm not a big fan of that coach.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Denver is either crazy or genius in what they're doing...I can't tell which.

I think they're using a Ouija board to make decisions or something.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Rounds 2 & 3 of the 2010 NFL draft kick up tonite at 6PM est..

My team will finally get to pick

This should be an interesting day, still have 2 of the top 3 QB's out there for the taking.. Claussen and McCoy..

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I was never impressed with Claussen to begin with, take McCoy and hope. He's a real wildcard that could pay off for years.

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I hope it is ok for me to note that this coming year I will in addition of pulling for my beloved Jets, will also for reasons know to many of you, be pulling for (and picking every week if we have a contest) the Tennessee Titans.

In this vain, the Titans picked Derrick Morgan with their first round pick (16).

It seems that Morgan was projected to be a top ten pick who slipped to 16 ...

“I did think I was the best defensive end in the class, but Tennessee is a great situation for me,” Morgan told the Tennessean newspaper. “… It’s a huge chip on my shoulder. The teams that didn’t pick me are going to see that.” blogs.ajc.com...

Looks like they got themselves a highly motivated and excellent player.

Go Titans!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
We are about 10 minutes away from the start of round 2. I'm looking for the Cowboys to make upward movement to get Nate Allen, Safety - South Florida.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Round 2 is live... to enjoy the experts trying to pick a winner go to the link in the OP..

they are hilarious..

Go Panthers!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
to enjoy the experts trying to pick a winner go to the link in the OP..

they are hilarious..

Thanks for that link! They truly are hilarious. A bunch of homers vs. haters speculating....who could ask for more?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

classic!! no wonder Shefter and Mort get the big bucks they keep there mouths shut until they get confirmation.. Most of the rest are regular Joe 6-packs like the rest of us

top topics

<<   2 >>

join