It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL releases Report Similar to SPLC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Maybe your's and mine are on the other more "serious" report.

It might get to be a badge of honor to be in ADL/SPLC reports, especially if you did nothing except exercise 1st amendment rights with no mentions of violence toward anyone!

Being up there with Ron Paul, Andrew Napolitano, Devvy Kidd, Jack McLamb, Glen Beck (well.....)....!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i just checked the pdf file and omg stuff like this makes me fear on going on ats, i knew they are watching and i try to watch out on what i say, its scary, they can use what you say against you in the future.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by togetherwestand]

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
This is an infuriating misrepresentation of people's reactions without providing the context of the conversations.

I could find a whole slew of posts on various other websites...especially MSM...that boil down to rhetorical posturing.

I would be disappointed to see that this gets taken to task without proper consideration...and context is everything.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Flagged just to raise awareness.

Of course saying anti government things in public online will be taken note of by the government the same way saying those things in public anywhere is.

If you thought otherwise, let this be your wakeup call.

Until they start tracking down and arresting every single person who said something potentially violent online, i'm calling this old news you should have been aware of long ago. They're not infringing on your freedom of speech, either, you have the right to say whatever you want, and they have the right to pay attention to what you say.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Risen]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Thanks for posting.

I'm not in there.

But I don't believe that violence would be the solution either.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I can't express how disappointed I am that none of my posts are quoted in the report.

Kudos to Doc Velocity, boondock-saint and Sickle_and_Hammer.

Well said! and a star! MODERATORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS NEEDS TO BE ON THE FRONT PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm really curious to see how much attention this gets. I mean, if surveys mean so little how much could a bunch of selections from the hundreds of thousands of forums with the millions of posters be worth?

If I had a nickle for every asinine comment posted by some anonymous weirdo on some internet forum I'd have an awful lot of nickles.

I'm going to start taking selections from internet forums and drawing up reports claiming to describe accurately the attitude and planned actions of millions of people.

The Pedo-Bear alone could lead me to a nice "you're all pedophiles" report.

Something else I really love about this "report", it looks like some intern did it in a few hours one night. No long-tern research. Just a bunch of clipped quotes and general commentary. If I handed this in in any class I'd be lucky to have gotten a C.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
The truth does not apply here guys.

This is the ADL. The only thing that applies is their agenda.

And they will use their influence and power to get their way, by god.

So why is the ADL investigating this crap anyway?

So is anti-gov speech anti-Semitic now or what?

This report proves the ADL has NO CREDIBILITY at ALL.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ahhhh Yes, Free Speech you say? Well in the state of California if you say, "I'm going to kill you" or "I'm going to break every bone in your body" during the heat of an argument it is called a "TERRORIST THREAT" and I know people that have been charged, convicted, and served jail time for this. These are things people say when very angry. This charge is used mostly in domestic disturbance situations. Now, I don't necessarily agree with it, but should would use the blanket of FREE SPEECH to condone threats of violence??? Is that what FREE SPEECH is really about? ARE threats of violence using WORDS are ANY different than PULLING A KNIFE or a GUN on someone, if say, you don't shoot or stab them?

A threat is a threat. I personally never make one until I'm fully prepared to make it happen; the expression, "I don't make threats I make promises" applies here. The intention of a threat is to induce FEAR in another human being.
What if the TPTB decided to start saying "Those of you that disagree with us are going to be rounded up and beaten!"
Is that any different than what some people are saying in forums when they blatantly call for violence?

“I think I remember an old adage from long ago, can’t remember where I heard it or who said it…but it went something like this: Don't make threats lightly, and don't take them lightly either..."

My father always told me that the big mouth bully is the guy you least have to worry about...it's the guy that keeps quiet, to himself, says nothing when angry. That guy is going to unload some day...

He also said, "The wise man keeps his F*(kin mouth shut until he has something wise to say..."

[edit on 22-4-2010 by odd1out]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
If it’s not obvious to you by now that America’s government has been hijacked by career criminals, you’re either still asleep, in denial, or simply deaf, dumb, and blind.

You want to label people as "terrorists" for speaking out against tyranny?

For those who are still fast asleep in America, I'll softly whisper something in your ears, THE GOVERNMENT ARE THE TERRORISTS!!!

“First Amendment to the United States Constitution”
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Maybe your's and mine are on the other more "serious" report.

It might get to be a badge of honor to be in ADL/SPLC reports, especially if you did nothing except exercise 1st amendment rights with no mentions of violence toward anyone!

Being up there with Ron Paul, Andrew Napolitano, Devvy Kidd, Jack McLamb, Glen Beck (well.....)....!!!

I say those three make a little badge for their avatars.
I also say that the report is wrong about ATS. I've seen arguments from both sides on a multitude of posts here. Any attempt at any kind of censorship will horribly fail when brought to trial courts.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Some of the posts don't seem to be violent, hate filled or violence provoking at all. I can't copy paste right now, but on page 20 I noticed a couple of comments that don't seem bad at all. Oh, and thanx ADL and SPLC you gave me a couple of new sites to check out that I hadn't heard of. I wonder if/when this hits MSM how many sheeple will want to see what all the fuss is about, check out these people/sites and read articles that may cause them to venture down the rabbit hole?

[edit on 22-4-2010 by BrianInRI]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianInRIOh, and thanx ADL and SPLC you gave me a couple of new sites to check out that I hadn't heard of.

New report "ADL and SPLC facilitate collaboration of anti-government movement."

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by odd1out

Well, first of all flat out "direct" (as in I'm going to do x) threats of violence are against the ATS T&C and from what I have observed handled rather emphatically by staff. NONE of the examples pertaining to ATS members contained such expression ... they commented on the idea of violence.

What we're talking about here is expressing opinion in abstract and within the context of a conversation.

And this is a big issue ... because Doc and I disagree on pretty much everything but I WANT to be able to discuss this with him and other like minded members. This discourse with folks I disagree with has made me reconsider many of my own positions, not just on these issues but across the board.

But what is really most objectionable here is the subtle and not so subtle grouping of those who threaten violence with those who discuss violence.

From their "report:"

Monitoring of internet chatter, documented in this report, indicates that many militia members and other extremists believe that the recently passed health care legislation will be followed by the mass legalization of illegal immigrants, postponement or elimination of democratic elections, martial law and gun confiscation. In response, these anti-government extremists are saying, in many different forums, that they believe that violence may be, or clearly is, both necessary and justified.
(emphasis mine)

Ok, so there may be members here on ATS who consider violence a valid alternative. I am not one of them, but I still will defend the right to their opinion for I want to have these conversations ... we need to have these conversations, without the ADL telling us that some of us are "anti-government extremists" for doing so. Are politicians and military folk "anti-government extremists" when they consider conflict? Why aren't they cited here?

This is many ways goes against the ADL's stated mission. They are in effect marginalizing a reasonable part of our society for their thoughts. Not the KKK, but folks who simply come to a neutral and hate/violence rhetoric restricted site such as ATS.

Argh ... I feel terrible for the owners and staff of this site as well as all of its members. For we all seem to have been swept up in someone else's agenda ... someone who took neither time or effort to investigate how we conduct ourselves here, which imho should be the example of how thousands of people from all over the world and with often diametrically opposed views should express themselves. It is terribly unfair and unjust to be pooled in like this ... but in retrospect, it isn't that surprising.

[edit on 22 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Holy crap! Wow! That's amazing. I thought forums like this went largely unnoticed I guess now we know where all the names on the terrorist watch list come from. If the government is not doing anything wrong, why are they so concerned with all the websites that say they're doing something wrong? I bet this is a covert message to all of us on this website and the others mentioned. Methinks that things may come to a head soon. I'll see all you guys in Southern California soon when they round us up. We should make a code so when we're on the bus and in the camp all the ATSers can find each other and talk about how right we were!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
For all I know those 'extremist' posters are middle aged moms who rarely go out and mind their own business day to day.

This is stupid. All it shows me is that the American people have some folks in the general public who express themselves in writing WELL and that some butt kissers like to sit around on the Internet all day instead of actually doing any real work collecting posts that they find 'alarming.'

GAH. The self righteousness of people that produce reports like this is disgusting.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Some pretty crazy stuff written in that report. Actually I find majority of ATS posts more insightful than that PDF... especially those of doc velocity

I must say although report is laughable, it's obviously written to propagate an agenda so it probably does have some other effect aside the instantaneous WTF ROFLMAO LOL one.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9010d261c4d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianInRI

Some of the posts don't seem to be violent, hate filled or violence provoking at all. I can't copy paste right now, but on page 20 I noticed a couple of comments that don't seem bad at all.

You're right, and I did not see any one in particular that incited direct violence toward any individual or institution. Some people blowing off steam and "they" don't like it. But if "they" try to put the lid on free speech too tight, it might blow. Steam is powerful.

SPLC and ADL lists, MIAC reports etc, seem to be a convenient way to lump people who care about what's happening to the country into categories and lists, to demonize the values that so many of us hold dear.
Make us seem dangerous so the masses who only listen to boob-tube are scared and let them have their way.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You'd of thought they would ask the question WHY so many people are venting their anger on these types of forums. But of course they wouldn’t, the corrupt unaccountability of the government cannot be questioned if you work for the ADL and want a paycheck.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Congrats to those who made the list.

People threaten public figures on forums and then the government actually murders people to keep them quiet. Who are the real terrorists?

Everyone knows the power is in the hands of the people and the (secret) government is scared of this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join