It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens hurt after cruise ship lists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Dozens hurt after cruise ship lists

edition.cnn.com

Sixty passengers on a Carnival cruise ship have been treated for minor injuries after the ship listed suddenly to avoid an object in the water, a Carnival spokeswoman said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The ship listed 12 degrees to the right to avoid hitting a large, adrift buoy at approximately 12:55 p.m. Well well well? Just so happens theres an oilrig sank, then this? Was it really a buoy or could it have been something else? I will add further links as soon as possible, feel free to add further links.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
boy that's a hard one to guess at...

OF course since were here at ATS it could be an Unidentified underwater object, more of them then you think...

Being close to the rig in the gulf that sunk it could be wreckage... not uncommon for that stuff to float just under the surface...

Could have even been an old ship mine left over from WWII???

wounder if the coast guard had anything to add, is in going out to see what it was???

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
That's common enough in the Gulf. Buoys do break loose and go adrift. The weather would have had a lot to do with not picking up the buoy on radar. In rough seas the radar is tuned so that the waves don't show up. The buoy wouldn't show up then, either. They probably picked it up visually and it looks like they had to make a quick turn.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Didn't this happen about ten days ago?

The article is dated April 22nd, and I think I remember hearing about it.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is very interesting, especially considering the periscope that a boater alleges he chased the other day. Could these incidents be related? I know it's a big ocean but what are the chances?

--airspoon

new topics

top topics

join