It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery rocket explodes in Jordan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Mystery rocket explodes in Jordan

news.bbc.co.uk

A rocket has exploded near the southern Jordanian city of Aqaba, damaging a warehouse but causing no casualties.

The rocket was one of two fired early on Thursday which landed in Jordanian territory - the other fell into the Red Sea.

There are conflicting reports as to where the rockets were launched.

Egyptian officials denied Israeli reports they had come from Egypt's Sinai Peninsula. Jordan's PM said they had not been launched from his country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hmm, now this is curious. Just recently Israel issued a warning for all Israelis to leave the Sinai Peninsula. And now they suspect the rockets came from there.

Israel has recently warned of increased militant activity in the Sinai, which is very popular with Israeli tourists, says the BBC's Wyre Davies in Jerusalem.

Last week Israel said there was firm evidence of an attempt to abduct its citizens in the area, prompting a call for all Israelis in the Sinai to leave immediately, adds our correspondent.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hmm, that is a bit suspicious isn't it? And Israel is pointing fingers--but I didn't think that Egypt and Jordan had animosity towards each other....
Nice post

[edit on 22/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
We didnt do it, they did it! They didnt do it, them over there did it!

Yes...I smell Mossad.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Want to remind people that there are terror attacks in Jordan.

They have had issues with terrorism for decades.

Not every terror attack in the Middle East targets Jews or Israel.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Israel most likely had MOSSAD do it in an attempt to kick off the war.

My god, if you think we have it hard now... just think of what its going to be like once they get WWIII. Jesus christ.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

The chances of a Mid East war kicking off World War III are currently slim.

Israel has been in multiple major regional wars in the Middle East. In one of the wars the UK and France helped Israel fight the Arabs. It didn't start WW3. In 1973, an Arab coalition of over 2 million troops attacked Israel from the north and south. The only time it looked that would ignote a larger war was when Israel was about to roll into Cairo and Damascus. The USSR threatened to intervene if Israel went into the capitols.

Russia today isn't the USSR of 1973. About the best they could do today would be to invade Georgia and evict US troops from Manas airbase in Kyrgyzstan. The Russians know this and they arn't going to do anything unless they know its worth it.

The same goes for China, they can't do much outside their sphere. They could let go of North Korea's leash, but again that is not a world war.Two or three major conflicts in Asia don't equal World War 3. Multiple major wars going on wouldn't be a new thing. There was a time that it was normal.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Yes...I smell Mossad.

Well I think you're half right.

I agree with MikeboydUS. There has been a history of terrorism there. I agree not everything is aimed at or caused by Israel.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Your right about the ME not creating a wider conflict in it's own right, but it is the wildcards in all this that might create one.

It's the opportunistic nations that will take advantage of the situation, China may stay within it's sphere and push home claims it has locally, Russia may do the same, and the same can be said for almost every corner of the globe.

These are the factors that may start to spread the problems around a bit.. we have enough economic woes to go round that those opportunistic governments might see a conflict in the ME as their chance to reclaim some resources they feel they have lost..

[edit on 22/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

new topics

top topics

join