It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I have made my decision;

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This will probably not affect you...and I am sure there are many of you who will not even care.
I am going to run for Mayor of our little town. Current Mayor's term ends January 1st, 2012. Primaries are May of 2011 and obviously the election is November 2012.

I plan on using this as a stepping stone to Governor and eventually up to a seat in the Senate for the state of Pennsylvania. I might be crazy and I am only one person; there is only so much change I can bring about myself but I have to at least try. If I don't at least try my conscious will get the best of me. The best way to effect change is from the inside. Start small; baby steps if you will.

I am going to stop there for now. Perhaps you would care to give me a little practice regarding my stances on various subjects? Like I stated above, this will not impact a large portion of the ATS community.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread.

Nate

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I would just try to be a good mayor, you wont have a big impact but you can do good things on a small scale. The higher on the top you go the harder it becomes to change things.

Just satisfy the people of your city that would be a bigger contribution then you would think.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Good for you...get out and do something.

It's hard to ask you about your stance on things because mayor issues are a lot different than national politics issues.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I bet when they research your new account with ATS that you will be elected on the spot...no questions asked.

But seriously...got any political backing? Got any political stance worth sharing? How about some platforms you are fond of standing on?

Got a nice suit?

Anyways...thanks for, uh, sharing this breaking news with ATS.

I must admit it was a waste of my time coming to read this.

Who knows, maybe someone else will care?

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Finally a thread worth replying too.

I hope you go throught with this decision sir.

To have a knowledgable person in office , with fresh idea's is exactly is

what is lacking in the Political Process.

Keep us all informed as to your progress and steps you are taking.

Kudo's to you sir.

S@F

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Well best of luck with your future endeavors. I would suggest one thing for you before you start your political future. That would be to change your ATS Screen Name from what it is now. "Acid_Burn.." doesn't really bring the best thoughts and it can put a damper for the path you have chosen.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm with ya.... You got my support in South Central PA.

Maybe this is what I need to do too. You got me thinking Acid.....

S&F.

Please keep us updated!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Good for you mate, best of luck in your campaigns! Democracy gets stronger with every citizen that gets involved in it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I am going to run for Mayor of our little town. Current Mayor's term ends January 1st, 2012. Primaries are May of 2011 and obviously the election is November 2012.

You know, I have quite a few people who are interested in that little corner of the world you call your home town. They have a vision for that community that far exceeds your wildest expectations. If they had it their way, that little town could be a major tourist attraction within two months.

The thing is, the current administration is putting road blocks up at every turn. I swear one would think that the current mayor has no vision for the future. I definitely look forward to change in that little home town. I believe the current leadership does not act in the people's best interests. They are very self serving.

Now, I am able to support this little mayoral run you have going on here. I just need a few of my associates to get a feel for the political atmosphere of the place and we can make suggestions from then on about how you should steer this ship of yours. We can guarantee a win. We are very successful at what we do and if we can get together I'd be glad to share some of those successes with you.

In fact we will put you in office and all you have to do is make a few public appearances and get some good photo shots with the people and all that. Just listen to my advisors and before you know it, it'll be you calling the shots in that little home town of yours. By the way, watch out for things like I've posted here.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Good luck and may you serve the people well instead of selling out. It won't be you your constituents will be voting for, it will be your platform. Get a credible team, for no man can do it alone, find a common ground for a common goal, work towards it, and start your grassroot movement today!

Cheers! ( You have lots of guts and courage to wanna stand to solve the state and federal problems. May it be backed up with wisdom)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Good for you, think it's a great idea to get involved!

My grandmother was mayor of a small town (back in the day) ... think it's inspiring.

Small town mayors can be really very important. That's a position that can directly affect changes in a lot of lives.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
honestly we need more real people in power then the corrupt who are in power. i wish you the best, may you find luck on your journey. and if you need inspiration look at Ron paul, just one guy who spoke out on what was right.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Break a leg my friend..You are letting your actions speak and doing something about the mess..so you are part of the solution"go get em tiger"

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Good Luck to you, a word of advice, don’t say anything about conspiracies people tend to think your kooky and crazy when you do.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
@ Jackflap - VERY useful post
OP, take heed to that!

@ Mr Mask- come on buddy, you are better than that

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
To the Op.

You are about to embark on a very noble endevour.

I wish you the best of luck.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Good for you and good for the folks in your town who will hopefully wind up with someone who cares to make a difference and is willing to take some risks in order to do so.

Keep it simple, don't make too many promises, don't under estimate the forces that will oppose any change and when you make a decision, make it full stop.

Read a bit about Harry Truman. He was a mayor and did not do too bad in politics.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by dolphinfan]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
As I stated in my OP, baby steps, start small and work up the ladder. I am involved with the local community so people know me. We are a small town that is technically about 1 square mile, so getting to know everyone is not a problem. I am part of the local volunteer fire department (of which the current mayor is as well) as well as the local Veterans Of Foriegn Wars. I also participate in various local activities.

I was a little dismayed this morning when I visited the Borough Office. They have no clue where the Borough Charter is
However in talking to the nice lady that works in the office, she actually stated that they needed a good, young man in the Mayors office to effect change within the town.

This is a great little town that is slowly going downhill. All I wish to do is restore it to it's former glory and make it a place people want to live in again. My interests do not lie in money...I don't know what our Mayor pulls down as far as salary, but average is about $48,000 annually. I would do it for free.

I look at it as it should be:
If the people vote me into the Mayor's office, then I work for them and I am their one collective voice.

Well, next step is to start some public speaking venues here in town and obtain the signatures on the petition to get me on the ballot. I am looking forward to this and the challenge presented in obtaining the office of Mayor.

Nate

-P.S. I do have several nice suits! LoL But I always see the current Mayor in jeans and a t-shirt.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
I bet when they research your new account with ATS that you will be elected on the spot...no questions asked.

But seriously...got any political backing? Got any political stance worth sharing? How about some platforms you are fond of standing on?

Got a nice suit?

Anyways...thanks for, uh, sharing this breaking news with ATS.

I must admit it was a waste of my time coming to read this.

Who knows, maybe someone else will care?

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

A waste of time that you felt compelled to respond to anyway.
I put this up here because I have seen some great political arguments here and felt it may be a good forum to express my intent. I also figured I might get some advice from any others that may have been down this road.

If you feel it is a waste of your time, then please move along to the next thread.
I apologize it is not about indigo children or aliens. IMO this is way more important and relevant then some crazy telling us he is, in fact an alien grey trying to tell us we are doomed to an existence of slavery to reptilians

To those well wishers and postive responders:

Thanks!!!

Nate

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
my kung fu master ran for mayor. he lost due to such profound corruption in the city. he was a good man.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join