It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new color of money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - The federal government will unveil a new $20 bill that will introduce a predominant but subtle color into the background, marking the first time in modern history that a U.S. bill will feature a color other than green.

The Bureau of Engraving hasn't said what color it will choose for the new $20, but think of the possibilities.
According to the Treasury Department, other changes will include new images of Andrew Jackson and the White House, as well as other adjustments that are being kept secret. The official unveiling will take place on March 27, with the new bill entering circulation in the fall.

money.cnn.com...

Is it possible to ever stop counterfeting?

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Unless it's money issued under the authority of Congress as described in the Constitution, it's counterfeit anyway, no matter *what* color it is...If it's backed by the Federal Reserve, then it's counterfeit.

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What are you saying, that most of the money in circulation is technically "counterfeit"?

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
In a word, yes! And I'm not referring to "most money"...ALL of the money (that's not made of gold or other percious metals) is counterfeit.

The Federal Reserve is nothing like its name implies...

It's *not* under the control of Congress as the Constitution demands, so it's "Federal" *nothing*...It's actually a coalition of *private international banking concerns*.

It's not in charge of keeping reserves of gold, as it *must* do for backing a gold-based economy. Most of the gold that been in reserve for this country's economy *is* being held by the Federal Government, but the FR only issues "script"...Not money or gold. Why do you think they can't print the dollar sign on that script? If they do, then they're infringing upon the Right of Congress to "coin" our money.

The Consitution forbids ursary...But since the banks call it "interest", they've fooled everybody into buying into their lie. They *issue* only enough script to cover loans (Which are *not* backed by gold, remember), but put nothing into circulation to cover the ursary they charge...Since there's not enough script in circulation, people find it impossible to earn enough to pay back that "interest charge". At that point, the Federal Reserve (the banks) can illegally & Unconstitutionally confiscate (ie: repossess or foreclose) on *real* property that was originally purchased with their Unconstitutional script in the first place. They *produce* no goods, but instead steal it away from others so that they can make investments in those goods themselves.

John F. Kennedy was going to *disband* the Federal Reserve system & put the control of coining our money back into the hands of Congress, where it should have been all along...But he was assassinated before he could accomplish that task. why do you think this country went into a massive depression so soon after the Federal Reserve was initially founded? That's not a *symptom* of the problem...That was the *result of their planning*. This is why our "economy" has been nothing but a "boom & bust" cycle all of these decades.

Don't feel so bad...The government has fallen into their trap as deeply as the general public has. Why do you think the national debt is really as high as it is these days? Government overspending is one reason, but what about all of the "interest" (ursary) that's been tacked onto that principal amount? If there's not enough "money" (script) in circulatin to cover the interest, what do you think that does for giving us the ability to pay off the pricipal? After a time-period (usually each month, but some credit cards start charging interest on the same day as the original purchase), the ursary charge becomes *part of the pricipal*, which actually raises the pricipal so they can tack *more* interest on.

Result: A never-ending downward spiral of unpayable debt, which they use to *illegally take possesion of real property*, even when the banking system produces no real goods that can be sold or bartered.

They start with nothing but a promise, which the government can't even back up because they are not a *part of the government itself*.

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Personally I think having different coloured notes is the way to go.. We have been doing it here in Oz since I was a twinkle in me daddies eye.

And not once have I given over a twenty when I was sposed to give a five or 10... You guys just gotta let go of tradition once in a while...

Chris

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
ooo a new colour... come here to canada man our money has like every colour possible in it. see we know where its at. while your ppl were smoking weed when they came up with green for your money our people were hardcore and doin acid which explains all the #ed up colours we have.

moral of the story: acid beats weed any day... lol

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I thought they would never change the color: it's the 'greenback' - it's always seperated the US from all that other nancy-boy money.

If it isn't broke - don't fix it. (and no pun intended)

posted on Mar, 5 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Wow, M-D, you are really on track.

However, the government is always right (in accordance with law) and the trick is to see why.

In a nutshell, the reason why the paper money, or war script, is actually legal, is because we have been in a perpetual state of war, or martial law, since the Civil Police Action (or Civil War, as it is called).

Yes, Kennedy was going to rescind that martial law that keeps us in war script, among other things, and I believe that is why he got blown away.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne However, the government is always right (in accordance with law) and the trick is to see why.

Acttually, if the law was legislated to make script "legal" was actually *enacted* against the Constutution, then that law itself should be null & void...Thereby making anything that came *from* that "law" illegal as well as Unconstitutional.

However, I'm not really up on the details of *how* that laws came to be or if it was legislated & enacted correctly (by the Constitution). If it's not, then our current economic practices would be illegal & Unconstitutional.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:25 AM
link   
MidnightDStroyer has right when he say that we have to go back to the gold standard. W are all screwed by the banks and the monetary system.It's an abomination ! If someone have to go burn in hell, I'm sure that bankers are all in the pole position !

For the secret color of the new 20$ banknote, it will be the blue.

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
UP, is that you're guess or do you have some inside source?

top topics

join