It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census Shifting Gears For Home Visits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Census shifting gears for home visits

By Haya El Nasser and Paul Overberg, USA TODAY

As the first phase of the 2010 Census — mailing back the forms — comes to a close, another more expensive, tedious and labor-intensive one begins: going door-to-door. About 71% of U.S. households that received questionnaires mailed them back. The rate is likely to surpass the 2000 Census rate of 72%. That's good news, but it leaves about 50 million addresses that Census workers must check out — most in dense city neighborhoods, minority communities and rural spots.

The Census is creating 1.2 million jobs this year — a force almost as large as the U.S. armed forces.

Almost half the jobs will involve visiting the 50 million homes that did not respond. If they're occupied, head counters will try to get residents to answer the 10 Census questions, even if it means visiting up to six times. They will try weekdays, weekends, early mornings and evenings to catch people at home.

Advertising and community outreach are shifting from encouraging people to mail their forms to asking them to open their doors to Census workers. They "will be going into some of the toughest neighborhoods in the country," Groves says. "We don't know how the American public that did not respond will react when we knock on their doors."

I confess, I did not return my census form, and I have no plans to do so! If someone from the Govt. decides to show up on my doorstep asking questions about my private life they will be greeted by my German Shepherd/wolf hybrid friend!
I don't think they will hang around.

The article claims that the census will create 1.2 million jobs. Now, this is good. It also states, the census is the most important way to determine which funds are allocated to different communities.

www.usatoday.com...

Hold on! What funds? Our Govt. is Broke!! Where is this money going to come from?
Hmmmm something just doesn't ring true here! (sarcasm)

Why is their a fine imposed for not returning the form?

A Huge Conspiracy has taken place and most people are completely unaware.

WE ARE THE COLLATERAL FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT!!

Meaning, properties or assets that are offered to secure a loan or other credit.
Collateral becomes subject to seizure on default.

Hard to believe isn't it? Take a look at this article.

Your Birth Certificate & Life Pledged As Collateral.

inpursuitofhappiness.wordpress.com...

The choice is yours, will you let the Govt. collect on it's debt. Will you fill out your
2010 Census.

Would love to get your thoughts.

Kindly,

Pax

[edit on 22-4-2010 by paxnatus]

[edit on 22-4-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yeah, who wants to follow the constitution and be fully represented. Much better to let your area go under-represented so you can complain your voice is not hear and go underfunded so everyone can live a lower quality of life!

What is it people are so worried about answering this census for again?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I live in a town where 90% of the population uses PO boxes. For some reason the gov couldnt put the form into PO boxes.

For about a week with no publicity they were putting packages of forms in places like the library and town hall. Then one day last week they came around and took them all away and told anyone who asked "time's up, that's it."

For something so allegedly important it's really being half-assed quite thoroughly.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Instead of hiring all these temp workers why don't they just pay some OT to postal workers, like for a few Sundays, and have them come to your house?

And...they're not afraid of dogs

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
How many murders of census takers would you estimate in the weeks? I guess between 3 and 8.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I don't understand all the hoopla about this census. It's in the constitution. I filled out mine a long time ago and there were no overly personal questions, and some of the questions were optional. It took all of 2 minutes to fill out and now I don't have to worry about census workers knocking on my door.

top topics

join