It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I think humanity has pretty much set itself up to fail at this point.

Lets pretend for a second that nothing was suppose to happen in 2012.

Well, we being humans, are all thinking that *something* is gonna happen on that date. A lot of us think that some vicious apocalyptic cycle will take place and wipe us humans off the face of this planet.

So my theory is that if something bad does happen, its gonna be us doing it to ourselves. As that date approaches, tensions will grow and certain people will start to get a huge sense of urgency. Even world leaders and leaders of terrorist groups among others. When tensions get high, things can become unpredictable at times. I picture Martial law happening, looting and riots.....small wars breaking out here and there.....then sooner or later, someone is gonna break out the big guns and it'll all snowball from there. It'll be mass hysteria and all over something that was never gonna take place anyway. That "date" was gonna be just another day.....But humans got so psyched out over it, that they wiped themselves out....Or caused a major rift of no turning back and thus changing how things are for the worst.

Anyhow - If anything bad does happen, that is how I think it'll play out.

[edit on 22-4-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
yes indeed... its similar to 'self fufilling prophecy'

although, i am still expecting something cosmic to be the event that will be remembered in legend & folklore
menkind are always self destructive when groups form

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
yes indeed... its similar to 'self fufilling prophecy'

Excellent choice of words.

As I said in another thread here, I think a lot of people are just now noticing these earthquakes and disasters a lot more and taking note due to being hard coded to think "something bad is gonna happen in 2012" - So from now until that date, people are always gonna be searching for signs of our "impending doom" and look at a normal every day earthquake as yet another sign.

I mean, if these same disasters were happening back in 1980, people would just chalk it up as another disaster and move on without blinking an eye.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

I cant wait for things to start getting crazy. Im gonna lmao watching all the lemmings run around in circles till they fall over. *buys army ration of popcorn*

top topics

join