It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia confirms highly enriched uranium seizure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Georgia confirms highly enriched uranium seizure

www.google.com

The president of Georgia confirmed Wednesday that his country seized a shipment of highly enriched uranium, and blamed Russia for creating the instability that allows nuclear smugglers to operate in the region.

In an interview with The Associated Press, President Mikhail Saakashvili declined to divulge details of the seizure but said the uranium was intercepted last month coming into his country in the Caucasus region of southeast Europe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
So here we have the NWO puppet Saakashvili parroting the line of "Russian threat" and pleading for western interference. If this guy's recent track record are used as a reference, then he is anything but democratic. He has violently crushed any opposition to his rule.The Georgian government backed TV channel carried out fake reports of Russian invasion some time back for no apparent reason. If his popularity dwindles even further, then he might even stage a "false flag" and start a new war with Russia.

Meanwhile,the MSM propaganda is continuing with reports of "nuclear threat", "nuclear terrorism" and "loose nuclear materials".

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

Yeah he is about to declare war and invade Russia. So the Rest of the world is WRONG in supporting Georgia?

Your Source.

During the brief August 2008 war, Russia destroyed much of Georgia's military infrastructure and occupied the two territories.

Only Venezuela, Nicaragua and the South Pacific island nation of Nauru have followed Russia's example and recognized both regions as independent states, while the rest of the world considers them part of Georgia.

Russia has since taken steps to establish long term military bases close to the territories' borders with Georgia proper, and Saakashvili said it has been building up its artillery there, posing a menacing threat to Georgia. In the interview, Saakashvili appealed for more western support, saying western involvement in the region is his country's best defense.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
anybody want to take a guess
of where that shipment was going ????

IRAN !!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
dude, georgia is a badass. never have i laughed so hard at a country declaring war. i mean..THEY DECLARED WAR ON RUSSIA!!!

what i believe actually happened is russian embassadors came to talk, and georgia was like "THIS IS GEORGIA!!!" and kicked them into the pit of death, thereby declaring war.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

So is Russia part of the NWO or are they the good guys?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I ship all my highly enriched uranium via FedEX. Never had any problems yet...

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
we dont have to worry until we have summits for a nuclear free world

down with summits

so is this news by any chance real?

can they track were the shipment was heading? will we ever know?

this is somehow a very serious issue but i have the feeling it will be forgotten as usual..OP..please try to follow Up until than S+F please everyone to get attention

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This is a big deal, it only takes a few ounces of highly enriched uranium to make a bomb big enough to flatten New York City.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
This is a big deal, it only takes a few ounces of highly enriched uranium to make a bomb big enough to flatten New York City.

It sure would be a big deal if it was true. But how can we know? it's not like Saakashvili is a trustful source.

With everything else going on and his obvious desire for a war with Russia it's too hard to believe.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

No one can be sure about the role of Russia but Saakashvili is no saint either. He was propped up in a well managed "Rose Revolution" in 2003. His theme was democracy and look where he has led the country now.

As far as Georgia's military preparedness is concerned, it is certainly less of a match compared to that of Russia. But there has been reports on the internet in the past about how NATO and even Israel were training Georgian military. Just before the war started in 2008, there were military exercises going on between Georgia and NATO.

Saakashvili can never expect to be more than a match to his adversary's might. However, he doesn't intend to do that either. All he has to do is play "the victim" card and the MSM would do the rest. Does anyone remember the "live" minute by minute update (or propaganda) that Saakashvilli was giving to Wolf Blitzer on CNN during the 2008 war. It went on the lines like "My country is being destroyed by Russia. The western world should help us" and so on.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
anybody want to take a guess
of where that shipment was going ????

IRAN !!!!

That is what they will say. Saakashvili is a NWO puppet. After last years humiliation, he's just been given an unpleasant task. I'm still guessing that Russia's immediate response to his aggression was not anticipated, and whatever plans that were made were foiled.

So Iran has not and cannot (YET) make highly enriched uranium, but the stuff is floating on the open market??? I don't buy that.

Impossible to prove, i'm betting it was borrowed from Pakistan, as IRAN propaganda material.

Excuse me while i cr@p myself .....

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Putting things in perspective:

Hoax broadcast causes panic in Georgia

'I've never heard anything so monstrous as people shelling a hospital'

Georgia resumes shelling the South Ossetian capital

After the news broadcast hoax, the pro government television said that its intention was to show how things may unfold in future. I must say that the "rest of the world" does have some interesting friends.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Not that this is a terribly important point, but it takes multiple pounds of uranium to make a nuclear bomb.

Little Boy, for example took 141 pounds of enriched uranium, and it hardly had a high enough yield to flatten new york.

It contained 64 kg of uranium..a yield of about 15 kilotons.
Severe structural damage to buildings extended about 1 mile (1.6 km) in radius from ground zero, making a circle of destruction 2 miles.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 22-4-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

141 pounds for 2 miles of destruction? I would sleep easy at night, if there's merely a few ounces in circulation..

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Unless of course they wanted to make a dirty bomb.
Still just a few ounces.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
There are so many threads about War in the last few days. Are we on the brink of something big here or is it all MSM hype?

top topics

join