It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the purpose of the US Military?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Okay, I am going through my threads and trying to consider all comments.

So, we have had a few arguing over the purpose or reasoning behind people joining the US military. Notice I did not say the US of A military.

Two different entities IMO.

By the Constitution the US of A military cannot exist longer then 2 years. So in respect to that, the military is de facto in it's existence.

Our government was NEVER meant to impart a certain pejorative in regards to the rest of the world. Our government was set up to LIMIT the ability of our influence throughout the world.

Where did that inclination change?

Where did the inclination to INTERFERE in sovereign nations begin to REAR it's ugly head?

This is an elitist mentality, this is a mentality that DESTROYS nations.

When does the control parameters end and the tyranny begin?

posted on Nov, 9 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Southern Guardian
reply to post by endisnighe

I actually agree with you there endisnighe. I think it would do this nation alot of good if somewhere around 10,000 troops (atleast) were moved from overseas to be put on the borders. That would do some good.

I also agree with strengthening the wall.

While we are on the discussion of the purpose of the US military, what has been the purpose in spending $600 billion a year on this military? What is the purpose of spending 40% of the worlds military expenditure? Should we not only be defending ourselves? What purpose did it serve to increase our military expenditure by over $1 trillion for the last 10 years? Why do we insist on feeding the military industrial complex?

To answer your question it's probably because we're the most hated country in the world

<< 1  2   >>

join