It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dolphin Commits Suicide- Very sad story :(

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by discoun7

Naw -- if you consider the original humans -- the Bushmen -- 90% of human history from 100,000 BCE to 10,000 BCE (there's 5,000 left living traditionally) they always APOLOGIZE to the animal before they kill it. Also the animal killed is not eaten until the next morning otherwise the spirit of the animal will tell it's other same species that humans killed it to eat it!! Then future hunting would be ruined.

So it's not hunting mammals that's wrong in itself -- it's the commodification of reality -- turning hunting or even human labor or reality into a mass produced "divide and average" system that goes back to Plato and the early city-states of the Near East (Western Asia).....

Certainly there's no escape of our mass genocidal factory system (just read Professor Alfred Crosby's Ecological Imperialism for a nice historical perspective) -- but at the same time there is something outside this system - -or at least at the foundation which transforms it -- and that's what the Bushmen culture was based on, realized through the trance dance shamanic healing.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Oh my god I just totally broke down and cried. I had no idea dolphins could commit suicide- this is soo heart breaking! I have always been against Zoos and animals being confined- but this just breaks my heart.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Very painful to read.

It is only humans that think they are the only sentient creatures. Strange when I seen beasties showing that they are the thoughtful and caring creatures that they are, a lot more caring than many 'humans' that I have seen in banks or who blow up people around them.

Shanlung

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ong Bak

Actually, my Cheeseburger tastes rather juicy and delicious thanks for asking! It's not as good as the hot wings I had yesterday though and definitely not as good as the pot roast my wife made last week.

-----

The cows I eat are different from the cows you see in those animal abuse videos in that they are allowed to roam across a couple of million acres freely for most of the year.

I think the major difference is this dolphin was "warehoused". WTF is up with "warehousing" a dolphin? Might has well have let it go imo. It's not like she is an old prop you can just put in storage!!!

[edit on 29-4-2010 by DaMod]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join