It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with soldier running with child in Wiki video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here's an interview with the soldier that is seen running with the injured girl in the Wikileaks video. He offers his perspective on what happened, as well as if the action was justified.

www.wired.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have seen that story on t.v. I didn't know what to think about the story.
I'm glad that you posted the link so, people can read the hole story and get the soldier's side, of what happen.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
And as far as the way that the soldiers are speaking in the video, which is pretty callous and joking about what’s happened … that’s a coping mechanism. I’m guilty of it, too, myself. You joke about the situations and what’s happened to push away your true feelings of the matter

This is a load of crap. These soldiers are professionals and are trained to deal with violence and death and destruction. There is no excuse to "joke" about killing other human beings........especially in the heat of the moment on camera and on tape. There is no excuse for that in my opinion. And I hardly think they were joking as a way to deal with their guilt. I'm sure most of these guys do in fact act like it's a video game and get off on blowing up these terrorists. I mean it's not like the pilot thatd destroys all these people with 30mm rounds stops, lands his plane, and gets out and looks at the carnage and destruction he just unleashed. He probably turns around, goes back to the FOB and has a beer and unwinds.

This however was a good interview and shows the horrors of war and how disgusting the situation is and why we never should have gone in. It also shows how stupid the soldiers are. No longer can they use the excuse "we are just doing our job".........Maybe a few years ago when the war started but now? It's obvious the war is a complete and utter failure. It's about time they stand up and demand that our government end this war.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

It is good to hear the whole story. I have been deeply affected by it.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I will never support a trivial war. Ever again.

These troops need to be here defending the freedom from the elements of the gov we know and see threatening them.

Also the coping mechanism i totally agree , i never noticed it before i thought it was normal. When some one pointed it out. It clicked and you can see it as clear as day when it kicks in even within yourself.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
I will never support a trivial war. Ever again.

There is no such thing as a "Trivial" war. War is death. War is destruction. War forever changes the very fabric of both the nation waging the battle and the one defending against it.

War should be a last resort, not a crutch for a failing foreign policy.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Coping mechanism is exactly right, I was on a Geological field trip when one of our colleagues fell from a 200 ft climb, I've seen people die before, as shocking as it is your brain instantly tries to find a way to cope, one of my closest friends piped up # he owed me $50 (he didn't really) but later speaking to him, he said it was the first thing he could think of saying, not because he was being a heartless bastard, because I know him better than that, it was the only way he could cope with seeing a dear friend laying dead in front of us.

The tears came later after we had a chance to pull ourselves together a little, there where a lot of what would be deemed sick jokes flying around on our way home and for days later, if you don't find that instant release or way of coping, you would go insane.

IMO the whole video release was mismanaged, saying that, the destruction of the van is inexcusable, the soldier was right a warning shot could have prevented the death of these innocent Children.

Just how far away are these Helicopters when they watch these people, for them not to be observed ?

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
Just how far away are these Helicopters when they watch these people, for them not to be observed ?

The effective range of a 30mm round is over a mile. They're essentially unguided small missiles. They are also not meant as anti-personnel due to the high collateral-damage capacity. They are more for anti-armor and anti-bunker activities.

new topics

top topics

join