It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to raise taxes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think we should raise taxes in a Progressive way to the point that we all need government assistance to survive. For instance we should tax Bill Gates like 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all his wealth, until he needs food stamps and housing assistance. Of course, to be fair it would be for the same for all of us. Maybe we get 20 bucks a month for mad money after the taxes are taken out of our checks. Of course, we would probably have to save that in order to pay someone to do our tax returns at the end of the year.

It is the only way to pay off the debt and make sure we all get what we need. If we are all equally broke then it is a fair playing field for everyone.

Nobody can make fun of our kids for getting free lunches at school, because even Bill Gates kids will need free lunches to survive.

Nobody can make fun of our lead-laden, Chinese-made Walmart clothes, because it will be the only thing anyone can afford. Heck, maybe if they do it right, we will all be wearing clothes from the thrift store or just swapping clothes at the end of the street corner.

I mean if we are not willing to pay more taxes, what kind of patriots are we? Plus, on the brighter side, maybe we will become less materialistic and start judging each other by character instead of how we look.

Just think how much good Obama would do with all of that money. He would make it fair for everyone.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chicken_Bone

If Gates has to pay 99.999999 % tax, then I should get a 9.99 %
raise in wages.

12 stars, half a flag and one chicken wing for you my friend.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

what star? you didn't star him.

what's up with my browser!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Well that is the beauty of it. Now you wont get a 9.99% wage in crease, but you can quit working and get the same stuff from government as everyone else does after they pay nearly every dollar of their wages in taxes. You might be $20/month poorer, but I dont think anyone will notice.

Well then again, since your employer will have to pay 99.999999999% of his profit to the government, maybe he wont mind giving you a 9.99% increase, of course after taxes you will on net about 4 more cents per pay.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Chicken_Bone]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

what star? you didn't star him.

what's up with my browser!

lmao I noticed that too...

Besides, Bill Gates donates enough money for several hundred families already.
Bill Gates pledges his 58 Billion to charities in his will

So, probably a bad example of someone to use to try and start your little back and forths.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Don't worry there is nothing wrong with your browser. He didn't star me. Either that or the government taxed my star at a 99.99999% rate and now it is too small to see.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chicken_Bone

Well that is the beauty of it. Now you wont get a 9.99% wage in crease, but you can quit working and get the same stuff from government as everyone else does after they pay nearly every dollar of their wages in taxes. You might be $20/month poorer, but I dont think anyone will notice.

Well then again, since your employer will have to pay 99.999999999% of his profit to the government, maybe he wont mind giving you a 9.99% increase, of course after taxes you will on net about 4 more cents per pay.

If you really truly believe that this is gonna happen then you really need to brush up on whats going on around you. This is not going to happen your trying to scare everyone and should stop it.

I edited to add that I starred you for your star being taxed comment cause that made me laugh..

[edit on 20-4-2010 by VintageEnvy]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VintageEnvy

Well if we tax him before he dies then we will get it all, but the .0000000000000000000000000000001% we don't tax and I think we can all live with that. We can just let Obama use it to save the world instead of Gates. What is really the difference?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

HELL YA!!!

Dude I broke out my new NASCAR cup in celebration!

Warren agrees with you!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chicken_Bone

Well if we tax him before he dies then we will get it all, but the .0000000000000000000000000000001% we don't tax and I think we can all live with that. We can just let Obama use it to save the world instead of Gates. What is really the difference?

Then take it to the streets. Dont let this brilliant idea sit and fester here, get your group together who share this thinking with you and make it happen. I hope to see you on tv.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Well what are we going to do. We are 14 trillon or so in debt. We have another 100 trillion in unfunded liabilities. We are racking up new debt at 1.4 trillion a year. We all know they aren't going to do anything but make government bigger and think of new creative ways to tax us without calling it a tax. Lets just cut to the chase, pay down the debt, and be on with our bad selves.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Great idea. Won't we all feel better when the government confiscates and sells Gates home, yachts, etc.. until they milk every last dollar out of him. I am sure he wont mind. Even he has said that the American standard of living must decline for the rest of the worlds to increase.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

I am glad to hear Warren agrees with me. What does he care. He has another 5 to 10 years at best. That Warren is a true patriot. I bet he will be excited when all of Berkshires profits get sucked out in the form of taxes. Maybe the government can loan him money so he can buy up more businesses. Its a win-win. He can get a loan, and the government can profit from the interest he will have to pay them. Thats mo' money.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well there you have it. It was a joke, see? I just "said" 12 stars. I never
said I was going to pay him. Now I owe him. See how it works in the US?
But he can have the chicken wing though, up front. I am sending him a
free coupon for a free wing at KFC that is good for 6 hours only. Hurry
before the rush breaks down the door.

Were you really looking for 12 stars?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You better hurry up with that Chicken Wing coupon, before they ban them. Do you know what kind of expense fried chicken is on the healthcare system?

I heard Colonel Sanders was a Grand Dragon and he just created KFC to give black people heart disease.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I will have to back out of this one if you don't mind. I just heard on FOX
News that KFC has way too much salt in their wings and have been
shut down by the feds.

But you can go next door to the yogurt shop and slurp all you want.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Yeah the world would probably be better if we were all sucking down the yogurt until it was dribbling down our chins.

I have been trying to get my wife to eat the yogurt for years, but she hasn't touched the stuff since we were married.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Noooooooooooooooo, no more KFC?

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the new dollar!

(the little green area is the middle class)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/2bb7e46ca3f04d29.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

How does your dollar have so many green bricks on it? Mine only
has one tine, teeny, small one in green.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

show me!

show show? i didn't do percentages, i just grabbed couple rows here, a couple rows there...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by undo]

top topics

join