It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N.'s Ballooning $732 Million Haiti Peacekeeping Budget Goes Mostly to Its Own Personnel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

U.N.'s Ballooning $732 Million Haiti Peacekeeping Budget Goes Mostly to Its Own Personnel

www.foxnews.com...:s0:a4:g4:r5:c0.000000:b0:z5

The United Nations has quietly upped this year's peacekeeping
budget for earthquake-shattered Haiti to $732.4 million, with two-thirds
of that amount going for the salary, perks and upkeep of its own
personnel, not residents of the devastated island.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Does anybody besides me find this utterly appalling?

Come on people, is overhead that high
on a mission like this or is somebody
lining their pockets??

u be the judge

[edit on 20-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Not trying to be cynical, but I find this quite 'normal' for the operation modus operandi of a supranational institution with a mandate to execute sovereignty-nullifying agendas.

Since, for most intents and purposes, the UN has enlisted the same 'players' as those we see in governments and transnational corporate ventures world-wide, it is no surprise that they would use the same 'middle-man' scam to siphon off wealth from the revenue stream (which we are consistently led to believe is for humanitarian, charitable, purposes.)

Of course we would be foolish to think that all the surrounding 'charity' and 'humanitarian' efforts didn't have a cost. I know people must be paid to serve, and goods require resources (wealth) to acquire.

But evidently, the charity and sacrifice isn't to come from those least affected by 'giving.' Somehow I find that mildly ironic.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The link is to Fox, so I don't know that it is true. They are very biased and have been caught lying.

top topics

join