It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Targets Taxpayers Hiding Income in Offshore Accounts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
IRS Targets Taxpayers......

The IRS is in the middle of a major offensive against wealthy taxpayers who are hiding income overseas to avoid taxes.

An estimated 19,000 American citizens were hiding taxable assets in the Swiss Bank UBS with the encouragement and assistance of the bank itself, the government alleges. UBS is now cooperating and has paid a $780 million fine to avoid prosecution.

"There's a lot of people who apparently had a lot of money, but a low IQ, who thought they could actually hide this money from the IRS and not pay income tax on it," said Ken Kies, former chief of staff of the Congressional Joint Committee on Taxation and managing director of Federal Policy Group.

".., but a low IQ...", Who is he kidding? The only people representing low IQ's are the ones trying to enforce such measure. Lets not forget about our Treasury Secretary aka Turbo Tax Tim, boy isn't he a genius.

So if the IRS is trying to go after everyone's savings in other countries, when are they going to target the more LOCAL delinquents/cheaters?

Feds owe Uncle Sam $3B in unpaid taxes

Federal workers owe more than $3 billion in income taxes they failed to pay in 2008. According to Internal Revenue Service documents, 276,300 federal employees and retirees owe $3,042,200,000.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well I am guessing 1 entity has over that 3 Billion dollar mark in a bank account in Switzerland/British Virgin Islands for one

And if you thought you could avoid

2) Death

- or -

3) Taxes

you would be most likely kidding yourself.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
well $h!+
there goes the neighborhood
lmao

wont affect me
I dont have any money
hahahaha

but this is sure gonna pi$$ off some
CIA people ...... hahaha

join