It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood Freemasons, who are they?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well, I have been looking over this link here en.wikipedia.org... for famous Freemasons, but there a too many to sift through.

So, I was just interested in who are confirmed or rumored Freemasons in Hollywood? eg, Actors, Directors, Producers etc...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by groomlake9
So, I was just interested in who are confirmed or rumored Freemasons in Hollywood? eg, Actors, Directors, Producers etc...

Living, deceased or both?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Both really.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Short of typing in everyone's name by hand I linked you to a page at Masonicinfo.com that lists both famous Masons and people who are mistakenly thought to be famous Masons.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

Brad Paisley is my favorite Masonic hollywood (or more like Nashville) star. Country singer, in case you didnt know. Don't know about any actors though.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

In short, Ernest Borgnine, "Kramer" from Seinfeld, and "Balki" from Perfect Strangers.

Yes, if the Masons are running Hollywood, it's those three... obviously.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Is Michael Richards (Kramer) still a mason even after that Laugh Factory incident? You would think the masons wouldn't want to associate with a racist.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
As far as I know, the following are/were Freemasons

Confimed:

Mel Gibson (Actor)
Leonard Cohen (Singer)
The late Patrick Swayze (Actor)

Rumoured:

Will Smith (Actor), but personally, I do not think so.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
As far as I know, the following are/were Freemasons

Confimed:

Mel Gibson (Actor)
Leonard Cohen (Singer)
Can you source any of these? I'm not finding any concrete proof or admissions via google...

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrandonK
Is Michael Richards (Kramer) still a mason even after that Laugh Factory incident? You would think the masons wouldn't want to associate with a racist.

unfortunately, I am sad to say this, but there is some level of racism in Freemasonry in some parts of the country. One example is the case of Gate City Lodge NO.2 in Atlanta. The issue was not with that lodge who initiated a black member. The issue was with other lodges who did not think this was right and filled a claim or suit against that lodge for doing so. So there is still a small level of racism in some lodges because you cant make all people perfect and tolerant of others and that includes Masons.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Can you source any of these? I'm not finding any concrete proof or admissions via google...

I'll try...

Cohen is easy... Leonard Cohen sometimes mentions his membership in interviews. Here's an example (not a very good one, but I guess it'll do). He says: "I would love to be a great film maker, it’s a wonderful notion. I would also like to be a great mason, but I would like to find areas in which I can summon energy." (Source)

Cohen's lodge is Ionic Composite Lodge No. 520, Los Angeles, and he was WM of that lodge in 1993. (Their website)

I'm working on the other two - I know I convinced myself of their membership, but I can't remember where. Back soon...

[edit on 21/4/2010 by Saurus]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
OK, I can't find my sources for the other two anymore. I will continue to look for them, but until I find them, I'm happy to amend my list to the following:

Confirmed:

Leonard Cohen (Singer)

Rumoured:

Mel Gibson (Actor)
Will Smith (Actor)

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Would a fervent Catholic Traditionalist (Gibson) be a Mason?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beelzebubba
reply to post by Saurus

Would a fervent Catholic Traditionalist (Gibson) be a Mason?

Does fervent=mental?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

"Kramer" from Seinfeld

Haha, really? That's awesome.

I don't know if Kubrick was a freemason but he was obviously interested in secret societies.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LibertyRebel
I don't understand why people join freemasonry. Isn't it just a bunch of old people trying to be cool?

No. It's a range of men of various ages (median's probably in the mid-late 40's but dropping) who try to improve themselves and society by doing good works.

If that comes off as "cool", more's the better!

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Um... yes, I do believe it can mean that also.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

I don't think "fervent" Catholics would generally become Masons (by Fervent I am assuming you mean zealous) .. but then again I've met a few pastors who were Masons, and I knew of a priest (never met him personally but he belonged to a friends lodge) .. the type of people that join is really far reaching.. You can never, ever, EVER judge someones potential beliefs by assumption based on other organizations they belong to. And not everyone gets into the Mystic aspects of Masonry.. some people join because they want friends who are like minded about things.. some join for charity.. some join to get out of the house.. and all those reasons are ok. People have their own reasons, we don't mandate any.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Yes I understand where you are coming from, but Gibson is no regular Catholic. He is a Traditionalist, meaning that he follows Pre-Vatican II dogma. The Tridentine Latin Mass, In Eminenti (probably) and all that stuff.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join