It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I give up any access to Healthcare if I can do whatever I want.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I give up all access to healthcare in the USA. If I do need any, I will pay for it on my own, without insurance or government help.

If I do this can I live my life without the government telling me what I can and cannot eat, drink, etc... Can I eat salty foods, sugary foods, smoke myself into oblivion?

If it is not hurting society, because I will not be using public money to get healthcare, so therefore I am only harming myself, can I be left alone to purchase and consume whatever I want.

I have no need to live to be 100. I have always been for quality of life over quantity. To me part of the quality is being free. I would rather die, fat, salty, nicotine filled, and FREE at 50. Can't I choose that anymore? Isn't that my God given human right?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I am from UK dude and have had public healthcare since I was born. I have recieved treatment as and when I need it and all it has cost me is a small percentage of my wages and a huge tax on my cigerettes (that's why I buy them duty free
).

I have done enormous amounts of damage to body through drinking and smoking and nobody stopped me. I will still get treated when I have a health problem so I think you are stressing about nothing.

Seriously, if I had had to pay for my leg to be operated on when I broke it in three places my life would be ruined.

I know you guys are scared of the healthcare reform but I am confused as to why you think you cannot carry on doing the things you already do.

Nobody can tell you how to live your life or am I missing something about the U.S healthcare bill?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Well they are already talking about limiting the amount of salt in our foods, because it will save money on healthcare. This is only a month or so after it passed. It seems logical to think smoking, drinking, sodas, sugar, chips, etc will be next.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Then just lie about what you consume

Edit to add: You can always add more salt to your food if you want it. Costs me 29pence fo a box that lasts 6months. Job's a good 'un.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

But if that is the case why should they be able to control the salt level in foods at all. As long as there is a label telling you how much there is, then it should be your choice whether or not to purchase it.

Many times adding salt after the fact does not produce the same flavor as adding salt during production.

Plus, why should I be put in the position of lying about what I eat? Why does the government think they need to take care of me? I am a full grown man with a brain and capable of making my own decisions.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Chicken_Bone]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Chicken_Bone

Ok, do what you want! Just make sure you have a living will stating that you want no medical care, and a DNR instruction also, so that when you are found in a coma due to your lifestyle, it won't cost the rest of us tax payers a dime! Make sure you have your wishes on your person at all times!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am a Mortal.

No amount of Healthcare will ever turn that around, will it?

What's the point of life, if you spend your entire life trying to stay alive?

I avoid Hospitals and Doctors at all costs, even if it means suffering.

See, once you get in their system, they keep you in the system.

They keep giving you more and more pills or shots. And those will cause you so many problems you never had before...

That isn't how to live.

Thats the walking dead!

Say NO to Drugs!

[edit on 20-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Great points Blanca. I was thinking through this before I wrote the OP and had decided that I pretty much needed to carry around something clarifiying those points in case I did become incapacitated. Good thinking on your part.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I couldnt have said it better myself. It is amazing how they give you medicine and then that gives you side effects, so they give you another medicine for those, and those give you side effects, and.......

Then we wonder why healthcare is so expensive in this country.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
however unfortunate it may be, i have to agree with the OP on this one.

You can eat right & work out every day of your life, you're still going to die.

Obama's promise of UHC for all was delivered with the promise that those without would have access to care

It was never "you will be forced to pay for it"

If people couldn't afford healthcare before Obama came along

How the sam-loving hell are people going to afford it now?

Forcing someone to buy it "or else" isn't helping them pay for it.

edit to add: to all you republicans who say "I TOLD YOU SO"

Please. Republicans proposed a mandate on UHC long before democrats did. Some of the very same republicans out there, right now, denouncing it.

Don't think that because I, or anyone, disagrees with Obama that we think Republicans are the answer.

Republicans are JUST AS worthless and lousy and Democrats.

Dont fool yourselves into believing otherwise.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Also, reality shows that people who reach 100 years of age typically have diverse habits, diets, often can lack exercise or healthcare etc.

For example many of the 100year olds are drinkers. Sometimes they never had a drink at all.

There is no tale tale sign of "How to get 100 years old".

It's still a mystery I assure you.

Also you have the problem of having your body crushed cut or ripped etc, and thus destroyed physically.

Too many problems.

Not solvable at our technological level. Not for perhaps a thousand years.

It's a Fact = We will all die one day ( and SOON).

Theres simply no way to stop that.

So ignore all the charlatans and con men who seek to use the "elixir of life" or even a "elixir of stop the pain" to fool you into becoming addicted to their pills and paying them your life's earnings.

And the worst part is, none of it really works. You still die.

This just makes your death SUPER EXPENSIVE $$$$$$.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Plus add to this the fact that everyone living longer lives will actually destroy the country economically. We can't afford to pay social security now, let alone add another 20 or 30 years to everyones life.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The thread author knows exactly what is coming. Many where I work in Massachusetts that started this whole thing have stopped smoking. We have no doubt they will raise rates for those that do.

Read the fine print in this bill that passed:

$5,000 deductibles

If your to poor you get a waver and you do not need to have health insurance

If you make enough and do not buy in you get a "Tax" penalty. Yes you get fined.

So in other words this is a way to make those that do not often worry about insurance buy it anyway. They want more younger workers to pay for the aging population that lives longer. Uncle some loves it because he gets money from those that do not follow the heard.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

If I do this can I live my life without the government telling me what I can and cannot eat, drink, etc... Can I eat salty foods, sugary foods, smoke myself into oblivion?

You can do all of these right now...so what exactly is your complaint???

I'll need some examples of what food the government tells you that you can't eat.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I refuse to be "forced" into the healthcare system.

I WILL NOT TAKE THESE DRUGS!

And I have a GOD given right to defend my body with FORCE if anyone tries to force feed me some random dangerous pills.

So, the ball is in their court now. Let's see where it goes.

If there is a "Option" to choose "I dont want your dang Pills" , I will mark this box.

I will tell them,There is only one medicine to fix me Mr Gov. It's called 'lead in my skull'.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

They are working to limit the amount of salt in all foods for one.

They either say you cant manufacture foods a certain way or they tax the how out of you for consuming things like tobacco and alchohol.

So even if they say you can do it they make it extra painful though sin taxes. So they use their power to try to influence my behavior in whatever direction they want.

I thought we were supposed to be free up to the point that it physically harmed other people. Did I miss something?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

The only news I know of limiting salt by the federal government is on pre-packaged food. No one is telling you not to add as much salt as you would like. But there are people who want the federal government to put this limit into place...doctors among them because they see the dangers. Just because YOU want salt...doesn't mean everyone should be exposed to the health risk.

So you don't have a valid argument...you can add all the salt you want...but you can't demand that manufacturers add a ton of salt because YOU like it....because that does in fact harm other people.

Show me a source that says the are imposing an individual salt limit on people...then you might have an argument.

As a side question...tell me this...do you think it is a valid function of the FDA to monitor our food manufacturers to make sure they aren't adding something like arsenic to our food...even if it would taste really really good???

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chicken_Bone

Plus add to this the fact that everyone living longer lives will actually destroy the country economically. We can't afford to pay social security now, let alone add another 20 or 30 years to everyones life.

Yeah.

Nothing upsets me more than seeing a 80 year old seeking medical treatment when little children don't even have any health care at all.

It's BS.

They need to LET PEOPLE DIE. Keeping someone in a bed doped up on 20 medications for the last 10 years of their life is NOT logical.

We should devote all of our medical resources to preventing diseases in children and keeping kids healthy. And keeping young adults around.

Old people? Well, as History shows, they ALL DIED. So....why waste all these trillions of $$$ resources on fighting our own natures?

I actually find a lot of older folks agree with me here. They would rather die with dignity than in a Hospital bed for the last 10 years of their life.

Ask someone who is in their final stage of life. Which they prefer?

Make sure they understand that no matter how much medical care they get, they will still die.

They will surely opt for dignity rather than prolonged suffering.

Here is a interesting clip of Dr Kevorkian on Anderson Cooper recently. LISTEN its GOOD!

Cooper asks him if he is "Playing God" by assisting Old Terminally Ill patients with Suicide.

His Response.

"Isn't the Doctor who takes a leg off playing God?"

Cooper "You're saying Doctors Play God all the Time?"

Kev "Of course, Any Time you interfere with a Natural Process, your Playing God... God determines what happens Naturally...that means when a person's ill, they shouldn't go to a doctor because he's asking for Interference with God's Will."

Information like this gets totally overlooked by the mainstream. It exposes the backwards thinking that has been fed into people' by the media's repetition of the same old lies over and over again.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The fact is in a free country manufacturers would put in as much damn salt as they wanted. If the public didnt want that much salt then they wouldnt buy the product. Then if the manufacturer didnt want to go out of business he would change his product to meet consumer demands.

There is a label on the food that says how much sodium is in there. If you dont want that much salt then don't buy it. We don't need to government to hold our hand through life.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
If you add up all the figures thrown at us on TV about cancer, heart disease, stroke and diabetes (percentage chance of increased risk and causes), reduced salt or not, we're probably all at about an 90% risk of dying prematurely anyway

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join