It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens AND Ufo´s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Ok lets get some facts straight:

What is an ALIEN??

What is a UFO??

Are they same or different.

Initial cut and paste from wiki:

wiki vs ufo

//Unidentified flying object (commonly abbreviated as UFO or U.F.O.) is the popular term for any apparent aerial phenomenon whose cause cannot be identified. The term Unidentified Flying Object has been in use by the United States Air Force from at least as early as February 1948 [1] where it was defined in terms of descriptive characteristics such as shape, speed and manoeuvrability. //

My view is what wiki states:

UNIDENTYFIED mean you dont know what it is
FLYING mean its airborn OR spaceborn
OBJECT can be ANYTHING realy. Light, car, bird, pink elephant

Now..Could you please say what you think a UFO is..
I have a hard time reading some posts where someone claiming to have seen a "ufo". Then all hell start caus "there are now ufos". They do not exist. So an UNIDENTYFIED FLYING OBJECT cant exist ?!?!?!?

Edit by request by Moderator..
Hope its fine now..

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Miccey]

MOD EDIT: To add external source tags.
Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.

[edit on April 20th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I was requested by Forum mod
to edit my post.

But i guess it doesent matter what it says. When the world is black, it is
black..No matter if you are wrong..

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Miccey]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
A UFO (Unidentified Flying Object) is something in they sky which the viewer cannot identify

A USO (Unidentified Submerged Object) is something in the water which the viewer cannot identify

A ULO (Unidentified Land Object) is something on land which the viewer cannot identify

All the above can be of terrestrial or non-terrestrial origin, they key factor is them being unidetifyable to the viewer

An alien is neither a UFO,USO or ULO because it has been identified as an Alien and therefore is no longer unidentified.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

What is an ALIEN??

What is a UFO??

Are they same or different.

Okay well there seems to be 2 different deffinitions for UFOs. UFOs in their deffinition are unidentified flying obects and they can be anything. Aliens are people not from our planet.
But this is where the arguments start.
Someone posts a picture or video of a UFO and says "this is proof of aliens" and that by its self is a fallacy. Then the discussion will always (and i mean always) turn into
"well you cant PROOVE it is a helicopter, i mean it could be an alien space ship and you are a narrowminded skeptic for saying it is a helicopter"
That is another fallacy, just because someone saying it could be alien does not mean it is proof of an alien. That type of claim is no more valid than saying it could be a dragon or a unicorn.
But currently the bar for what can be called an alien UFO has been set very low. It used to be for it to be considered a UFO it would have to show intellegent controll and maneuverability that was outside our capabilities. Now with the "orbs" the current UFO videos just have to show any light in the sky slow or not moving at all.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
In common parlance, UFO is equivalent to Alien Spacecraft in the public's perception.

Is it accurate? No
Is it desired? No
Can you change it? No

That's all there is to it...just accept it, while calmly explaining the difference to anyone who will listen and not look at you like you are from Mars....

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I guess it kinda self negates then and adds to the problem when the forum section is called "Aliens AND UFO's", kinda bundles the 2 together and automatically makes one think they are one and the same no ?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
No..Not the same..

But yes it is problematic..

Since UFO isnt a alien craft until positively identyfied as such.

AND that has NEVER happend. YET.

But i think it is a problem when some topic says "Look a UFO" and all the
answers are "no its not"..

My PLEDGE: Please dont use the word UFO to describe and ALIEN object.
An alien object could be a meteor, asteroid or a planet maybe.
But it COULD be a ETV aswell.
So to the debunkers. If you need to bash a op or try to debunk.
BE CAUSIOUS.
And to the "ALIEN UFO" ppl, if what you have seen cant be explained
dont say its an alien, use the word UFO, if it cant be explained. ONLY.

Atleast TRY to use the word UFO correctly..

join