It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

decent pic:Blinding UFO appears in Chengdu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
news link

Blinding UFO appears in Chengdu
17:03, April 19, 2010

Mr. Zhang, a citizen of Chengdu, saw an unidentified flying object was flying in the air between 8:40 p.m. to 8:50 p.m. and took its picture with his camera on the night of April 18, Chengdu.

According to Mr. Zhang, the UFO had blinding white lights but did not make any noise. It was suspended in the air for few minutes and accelerated to move in a speed slower than flight, and it disappeared at about 8:51.

Reporters had learned from an observatory that a meteorological sounding machine would usually flies at 8 o'clock in the morning and evening, but the UFO does not appear to be shaped the same as the sounding balloon
what? they suspect its a weather balloon? I guess it'd be a bit superfluous to say its a chinese lantern; it being in china

any guys on here that can bring out more detail?

[edit on 20-4-2010 by reject]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This is where theres a flood of replies stating everything it obviously isnt.
-balloon
-Plane
- helicopter
_ a pigeon carrying going to a fancy dress party dressed as a christmas tree

Sorry couldnt resist. Nice find, cant wait to see what people say it is this time.
Remember
UFO= Unidentified Flying Object, doesnt necceserally mean ALIEN

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Given the time frame of the sighting, and the apparent duration, dropped flares cannot be ruled out. Would be nice to have video of the event. (or a better duration estimate than "minutes" for the sighting)...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

You forgot to mention the good old Swamp Gas

Interesting pic, there seems to be more hidden in the image that maybe the pro's can get out.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
reply to post by jazz10

You forgot to mention the good old Swamp Gas

Interesting pic, there seems to be more hidden in the image that maybe the pro's can get out.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edc14f3e1df1.jpg[/atsimg]it looks either washed out or its on the ground...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No matter how many pictures and videos are shown, you will still never convince anyone. The only way someone will become convinced, is if they experience a UFO for themselves.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by areyosicker

I agree too mate. My mum was skeptical but when we visited Arizona, there above the mountain range was a metalic object, which jumped to another set of mountains in seconds.

From then on this 'yeah yeah whatever' attitude you see on ATS disappeared from my mum.

EDIT: Finally a new UFO case backed up by a photo, good job camera man,

[edit on 20-4-2010 by jonnyc55]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Very interesting, I'm keen to read what the some of our seasoned UFOlogists and UFO debunkers alike have to say about this.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
I guess it'd be a bit superfluous to say its a chinese lantern; it being in china

The description sounds like Chinese lanterns, doesn't it?

1- hovers silently
2- moves slowly
3- disappears

That's exactly what Chinese lanterns do. Now whether it's Chinese lanterns or not, I don't know, but nothing about that behavior should rule them out.

Originally posted by areyosicker
No matter how many pictures and videos are shown, you will still never convince anyone. The only way someone will become convinced, is if they experience a UFO for themselves.

Originally posted by jonnyc55
reply to post by areyosicker

I agree too mate. My mum was skeptical but when we visited Arizona, there above the mountain range was a metalic object, which jumped to another set of mountains in seconds.

From then on this 'yeah yeah whatever' attitude you see on ATS disappeared from my mum.

I don't understand what you guys are talking about. Nobody needs convincing there are UFOs, everybody knows there are UFOs. The only question is, what are they? And how is seeing one for yourself going to convince you what they are, unless it lands and the aliens get out and talk to you? At that point it's no longer just a UFO sighting, but a close encounter of the third kind, that's what's needed to convince anyone they are ETs or whatever, and even then I'd still be wondering if it's some area 51 guys in costumes if they looked at all like bipedal humanoids.

www.daviddarling.info...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
i thought it said it was a decent pic? That pic is horrible. first try to show that whatever that picture is of that it is in the sky then try to figgure out what it is.

new topics

top topics

join