It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New volcano ash cloud prompts fresh flight doubts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

New volcano ash cloud prompts fresh flight doubts

news.bbc.co.uk

A new ash cloud spreading towards the UK is causing uncertainty over plans to reopen some airspace on Tuesday, air traffic control body Nats has said.

Earlier, it said the flight ban would be lifted over Scotland, Northern Ireland and the north of England.

But new information showed a worsening situation in some areas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Well I personally knew this would come again, i mean come on the size of this thing and the fact that there is the other volcano beside it (Katla or however you spell it)

I actually think that their magma chambers are connected and if this is the case then get ready for some even bigger bangs!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Ibex08]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This is not good news ,my brother has an airport taxi firm that is taking a hammering we had thought he would be back in business tomorrow. At this rate he could go bust soon. Very worrying for him his family and employees.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that, but thats not the only thing we need to worry about.

Alot of our products are flown into the UK perishable and non perishable so I'm guessing were going to have a few shortages on some things if this keeps up

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is bound to hurt lots of small businesses. Lets hope the governments involved ignore the big businesses this time and help the little guy.

Can't fight Mother Nature. We can only sit back and watch the show until the curtain comes down.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
You know the airlines are going to b**** and b**** and b**** if this happens.

Start seeing if you can get a cruise liner to your location! Or a train ride.

I heard John Cleese spent 5000$ on a taxi cab ride.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hey ! This is getting confusing.

Where did that "new" volcanic ash come from? There were speculations about Volcano Heckla or Katla erupting earlier in this threadwww.abovetopsecret.com... but it was a false alarm.

It must be Eyjafjallajokull renewing or continuing activity then?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Exv8densez]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez
Hey ! This is getting confusing.

Where did that "new" volcanic ash come from? There were speculations about Volcano Heckla or Katla erupting earlier in this threadwww.abovetopsecret.com... but it was a false alarm.

It must be Eyjafjallajokull renewing or continuing activity then?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Exv8densez]

I think its just continued activity, but the authorities thought that the cloud was subsiding but apparently it hasn't. Its just getting worse.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Im confused, I just heard on my local radio station, next to Prestwick airport, that Glasgow, prestwick and Edinburgh are opening to full flights now !!

Looking for coinfirmation.

Respects

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ibex08

O.k. then! Thanks for the info!

It's still kind of strange that it would get worst though!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Confirmation...." Glasgow, Aberdeen and Prestwick airports have reopened, as well as Newcastle International.

However, Heathrow is to remain closed until further notice and Gatwick until this afternoon at the earliest.

Ive just watched a passenger flight take off from Prestwick,

What is even stranger is that my car is covered in ash from overnight !!

Link
news.sky.com... 55?lpos=Home_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15609355_Volcano_Ash%3A_Travel_Information_For_UK_After_Iceland_Eruption_Strands_Thousand_Of_Britons_Abroad

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
At the time of posting this reply there are five flights airborne over UK airspace.

One Viking Air, one Astraeus, two Lufthansa and one KLM flight.

See flight stats live here.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
See this is very very strange as reports suggest that it has erupted again meaning that yet another cloud is on the way :|

This is turning out to be more than people thought.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
All this Volcanic activity and Earthquakes this last 6 months or so, 2012 anybody?

The big Volcano next to the one already erupting in Iceland will be a whole new ball game if / when that goes up soon. We're talking cold Summers for years and Worldwide disruption of Airlines / Flights!

You simply can't take anything for granted, get used to problems flying for a while to come.

join