It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militia movement will be packing heat at gun rally on the Potomac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Militia movement will be packing heat at gun rally on the Potomac

www.washingtonpost.com

Daniel Almond, a three-tour veteran of Iraq, is ready to "muster outside D.C." on Monday with several dozen other self-proclaimed patriots, all of them armed. They intend to make history as the first people to take their guns to a demonstration in a national park, and the Virginia rally is deliberately being held just a few miles from the Capitol and the White House.

Almond plans to have his pistol loaded and openly carried, his rifle unloaded and slung to the rear, a bandoleer of magazines
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

On the lineup are several heroes of the militia movement, including Mike Vanderboegh, who advocated throwing bricks through the windows of Democrats who voted for the health-care bill; Tom Fernandez, who has established a nationwide call tree to mobilize an armed resistance to any government order to seize firearms; and former Arizona sheriff Richard Mack, who refused to enforce the Brady law and then won a Supreme Court verdict that weakened its background-check provisions.

You do not need firearms as much as you need brains for such a rally like this.
Leave partisan bickering at the door or else you are just another one of the idiots!

Throw bricks at the windows of democrats?
What about the republicans that started these wars?
And that's not being an Obama apologist as he is continuing them, he's no better.

But partisanship will be the downfall of such initiatives, nobody will be listening to anything they have to say, people will only hear left vs. right.

Because of the division of the people the govt. barely needs to do anything in response to this. The liberal media will mock these people and the people on the left will also ridicule them. This ruins everything and also makes it difficult for future protests by people who actually don't care about partianship.

Idiots!

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
well we are currently at a Impass, we refuse and they refuse...
usually, these events will esculated once weapons are involved.
so, I would say, they will have their rally, fully armed. the police
will be no where around - if they are - then they might want to stand down. any show of force will be repelled -- judging by the wording.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
not sure
but I read somewhere that this gun toting rally
was canceled due to the Restore rally on the same day.
Any confirmation on that???

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Who cares if they bring guns? I think it's not in the best interest to get out their message...but who cares, honestly? You mentioned throwing bricks through Democratic windows, what about the bullets fired at Republican offices? Bricks through their windows? Protesters having their finger bitten off? Man being beaten by SEIU workers? Maybe they are bringing their guns so some thug who is more extreme than these people don't beat them or bite off a limb.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So what if those dopes bring guns to a park, what are they going to do? Run around like they are playing cowboys and indians going pew, pew, pew! I guess they are like big kids that are starving for attention.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well I heard the reason that Oath Keepers pulled their support for the rally was because it's inside the Federal State. Constitutional right do not apply there.

new topics

top topics

join