It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FALSE ALARM: BREAKING (news) Large plume indicates second Icelandic volcano, Hekla, has begun erupti

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
FALSE ALARM: Sorry folks, nothing more to see here. Turns out someone turned the camera to face the erupting volcano and spoofed the entire world.

www.msnbc.msn.com

This was on the breaking news banner. Will post information as I find it.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Trying to track down more information on this... Found this from AshBreaking on Twitter:

RT @AshBreaking: Large plumes indicate that a second Icelandic volcano has begun erupting (Hekla) - watch LIVE http://(link tracking not allowed)/hekla
15 minutes ago via web Hekla just erupted, and the Wikipedia article is already updated: en.wikipedia.org...
16 minutes ago via web Large plumes indicate that a second Icelandic volcano has begun erupting (Hekla) - watch LIVE http://(link tracking not allowed)/hekla
19 minutes ago via web Reuters: pictures show steam and ash floating out to the northern Atlantic from erupting volcano Hekla, near Eyjafjallajokull
19 minutes ago via web BREAKING!! Second volcano in Iceland erupts! (REUTERS)
21 minutes ago via web

[edit on 4-19-2010 by rogerstigers]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hekla, an icelandic volcano has begun erupting. Hekla is considered on of the "Angry Twins". Her eruption may be indicative of a much larger series of eruptions coming on the island, including the eruption of Katla, the other "Angry Sister".

Would be interesting to see what effect this has on commerce in europe

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I posted this in the volcanic ash thread.

I can imagine this is going to result in more flight problems and angry Europeans.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This honestly shows an interesting turn of events for people in Europe. I must say that is really doesn't look good economically for them. I wonder what will happen. Until then TPTB will use this to their advantage in a one world government. I can't seem to think of anything else that would consider such a havoc in the EU. I'm sure the brits are use to pale skies anyways

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Harsh...
They don't need another one.
Let alone 1 or 2 more after the 2nd!

Good luck over there people.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

RIP dimebag.

this is some interesting stuff... could be economically another knife in the gut of europe. and if you really wanna get conspiritorial.. a sign of the end times?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

I'm thinking maybe the EU shouldn't have threatened Iceland.

Seems the Huldufolk didn't take it very well.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The feed was live about 10 minutes ago when I first found the link. I'm connecting every once in a while to it now as more people start hitting their servers.

www.ruv.is...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I can't find this story on MSNBC's website, why didn't you post a direct link to the article?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If anything else I just hope that Katla doesn't blow her top too. Forgive me if I'm off on my information, but isn't she the biggest of the three volcanoes on that island? Could this be a precursor to another Mount St. Helens-type disaster?

Interesting times indeed.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Here are some news links:

Second Iceland volcano erupts, described as 'Gateway to Hell'
www.digitaljournal.com...

Second Volcano, Hekla, Begins Erupting in Iceland
www.towleroad.com...

link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Not end times, more extended holidays and furious airline bosses.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
I can't find this story on MSNBC's website, why didn't you post a direct link to the article?

As I mentioned... It was on the breaking news banner... no article as yet.

I have found the following, though (translated by Bing):

Now also shows signs of outbreaks, the volcano Hekla
Smoke observed from Iceland's largest volcano. OFMARI TORSDOTTER HAUGE

Previous Hekla outbreaks was in February 2000. Photo: SIGURGEIR JONASSON/AP

The volcano Hekla in Iceland has begun an outburst by 18 hours Norwegian time Monday, Icelandic ruv. is. Hekla is Iceland's most active volcano

Hekla is 1491 meters above sea level and had most recently erupted in February 2000. The volcano is among Islands largest and located 150 kilometres from Reykjavik. It is a so-called column volcano with a several kilometer long crack across the top.

The lava from Hekla covers approximately 420 square kilometres.

Hekla has had major eruption in 52, 1300, 1693, 1766, 1845-47, 1947-48 and 1970. At the last was 18 square kilometers covered with up to 20 metres thick lava, according to store Norske leksikon.

www.aftenposten.no...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

The funny thing is this week, i go jogging and i am finding it harder to complete my time jogging, i can only do half.

It must be in air in london too.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
OOps,....let's try that again

Hekla Live Feed

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hmm.. interesting developments... There is a possibility that this was a false alarm and someone had turned the Hekla webcam to face the currently erupting volcano or something. I am trying to find out more.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
I posted this in the volcanic ash thread.

I can imagine this is going to result in more flight problems and angry Europeans.

I concur.

The sad thing is I was supposed to attend a friends wedding over the weekend, but the groom was in London last week on business prior to the first eruption. He's been stuck there since and they had to cancel the wedding....What a waste of money, the food and flowers and everything were non refundable.

Its crazy how this thing affects everyone someway. Hopefully it doesnt continue, I foresee problems for the already crippled airline industry...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

Originally posted by yellowcard

As I mentioned... It was on the breaking news banner... no article as yet.

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by yellowcard

Here are some news links:

Second Iceland volcano erupts, described as 'Gateway to Hell'
www.digitaljournal.com...

Second Volcano, Hekla, Begins Erupting in Iceland
www.towleroad.com...

Oh, thanks. I didn't see where you said that, I have it on a news station and I don't see any mention of it, maybe they are waiting for confirmation.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Earth's core is enlarging, thus pushing up magma and all that junk up towards the crust.

This won't end any time soon....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Hmm.. interesting developments... There is a possibility that this was a false alarm and someone had turned the Hekla webcam to face the currently erupting volcano or something. I am trying to find out more.
This certainly seems to be the case. Here she is, sound asleep. (webcam pointing in the right direction this time
)

www.simnet.is...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join