It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kinda Ironic? Frogs/humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hi all. So last night I was watching a nature program on frogs, and how they are all dying from a deadly fungus, and also how Pollutants in our water are changing the frog in many ways. Male frogs are actually producing eggs and becoming female. I know there are many more animals and insects with problems like the bee's and others I just find it funny that you don't hear much on the news about stuff like this. I think the government knows that this is a huge problem and that it is effecting all of us becuase we drink the water that is effecting the frogs as well. I find it rather Ironic that we seem to be having more children being born with defects and problems than it seems we have in the past. I think the government knows this and is trying to hide this from us. What do you think?

Cleft Lip/Cleft Palate
Cleft lip and cleft palate, also known as oral-facial clefts, are birth defects that occur when the tissues of the mouth don’t grow together as they should as the fetus develops in the womb. If your child has a cleft lip or palate, surgery during the first 12 to 18 months of life can correct the problem and improve his or her facial appearance.

Missing and Deformed Limbs
Children who are born without one or more legs or arms, or who have a deformity in one or more legs or arms, may have sustained their defects as a result of their mother’s or father’s exposure to chemicals on the job.

Underdeveloped or Missing Organs
If your child was born with underdeveloped or missing organs (heart, liver, lungs, or sexual or digestive organs), exposure to chemicals in your workplace could be a cause. Parents who work in agriculture or fishing, for example, were found to be 79 times more likely than other mothers to have a child with a heart defect. Mothers who are exposed to organic solvents at work are also more likely to have a child with a heart defect.

Other Brain and Spinal Abnormalities
Brain damage, anencephaly (an abnormally small or missing brain), and hydrocephalus (an abnormal accumulation of spinal fluid in the brain, which causes the head to swell) are some of the birth defects that fall into this category.

Even with appropriate treatment, most of the children that survive have problems with brain or nerve function throughout their lives. Brain and spinal abnormalities have been associated with chemical exposure in both mothers and fathers.

Neural Tube Defects (NTDs)
A neural tube defect is an abnormal opening in the spinal cord or brain that occurs when the fetus is developing in the womb. One of the most common types of NTD is spina bifida. If your child has spina bifida, it means that the spine didn’t close as it should during the early months of pregnancy. Spina bifida often results in nerve damage and some paralysis of the legs. Researchers have linked NTDs to pesticides used in agriculture and solvents used in hospitals and in commercial cleaning.

Retinoblastoma
A cancer of the retina (eye) most commonly diagnosed in young children. Retinoblastoma may have been caused by exposure to chemicals, especially when a child is born with the cancer. A child with retinoblastoma, as with any cancer, needs immediate attention. Since vision may be permanently affected, ongoing therapy may be required

Early Childhood Leukemia
Leukemia is the cancer of the bone marrow that affects white blood cells. It is a common form of cancer, even in children, but diagnosis very early in life could be indicative of a chemical exposure – especially when parents work, or have worked, in high-exposure industries. Treatment of leukemia has a good success rate and is improving through research.

www.chemicalbirthdefects.com...

www.pbs.org...

www.pbs.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
men are also becoming weaker and more femenine.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

Very true. I think that it could be helping speed that process up. Who knows, maybe the reason there are more "gays" is partly due to the toxins in the water. They say one of the biggest problems is womens birth control pills.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Regardless of the truth of the global warming debate, it does have the effect of taking attention and funding away from quite quantifiable ecological issues such as toxicity. Very convenient for big industry.

Damn sad about the effect we are having on other species.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwiffler
Regardless of the truth of the global warming debate, it does have the effect of taking attention and funding away from quite quantifiable ecological issues such as toxicity. Very convenient for big industry.

Damn sad about the effect we are having on other species.

It seems that when big issues about the environment pop up something in the news, the news agencies/government seems to try and advert our attention on the matter. On top of that we get told half truths all the time by news/government that its very hard to tell what is true. A good example is the global warming debate like you brought up.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Trudge]

top topics

join