It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Coming of Jesus etched in night sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

'The devil perverts everything God has. There's nothing wrong with biblical astronomy'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9982e252806d.jpg[/atsimg]

Is it possible the return of Jesus Christ to Earth has been foretold not only in the Bible, but also in the night sky since the creation of the universe? A Christian minister who uses NASA tracking of solar and lunar eclipses in his teaching of the great event is now explaining how at least one constellation is an outright declaration of the "Second Coming."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77cefd7594b6.jpg[/atsimg]

Interestingly, on March 19, 2008, a powerful gamma ray burst detected by NASA's Swift satellite in the Bo-otes constellation shattered the record for the most distant object that could be seen with the naked eye. "It was a whopper," said Swift principal investigator Neil Gehrels of the Goddard Space Flight Center. "This blows away every gamma ray burst we've seen so far."

NASA said the afterglow "was 2.5 million times more luminous than the most luminous supernova ever recorded, making it the most intrinsically bright object ever observed by humans in the universe." The sheer brilliance of the event led some Christian analysts to suggest it was an indicator that Jesus would come back soon.

Source: www.wnd.com...

Well, I really don't understand how people can mix religion/God into looking at the stars and coming up with some translation that specifically targets the good people of Earth. I assume they believe Earth is the center of the Universe and everything in the Universe is there for us humans only!

I find this story interesting-but I am a space novice. I would like to hear from the seasoned space guys as to what this guy-and others-preceive Us and Space-religiously (or not).

Also, I can never see the pictures that get outlined in the sky. Orion and the dippers are the only one I recognize. These ones like at the beginning of the OP make me wonder how wild an imagination can be. Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

He's wrong

It's actually marks the return of the Unicorns.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
No it's this!

honestly, I can take any series of dots and make anything...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
or even this...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The constellation Bootes is the 'herdsman'
whereas the Christ was a 'Fisher of Men' leader

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hardy Har Har....

Funny guys I see on Monday mornings.

I think you should also flag-to make sure peopole recognize the thread and thus your good humor.

Funny though. Exactly what I'm saying. Whattttt?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thank you for this...
...what I find interesting on the link you provided is the rare phenomenon of four consecutive total lunar eclipses, known as a tetrad.

The tetrads occur at least six times each century...
...what is interesting is that a string of four consecutive blood moons coincide with Passover and Feast of Tabernacles between 2014 and 2015.

This was prophecied by the prophet Joel...
Joel 2:30-31 "And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come."

new topics

top topics

join