It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Africans Govern Themselves In The Modern World?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It is a shame that I have to prequalify this thread by stating the following disclaimer but unfortunately in this PC world we live in SOMEONE is just itching to pull out the race card, so here is the disclaimer:
Neither I nor anyone in my immediate family is racist. I am half Mexican half Caucasian and have many black friends and date blacks without any problems.

I recently read an article that made me start looking further into this subject and considering the way Obama is governing us into the third world I am starting to believe that the writer may be right.

I believe that it is now time to ask ourselves whether Africans can really govern themselves in the modern world. Considering that wherever Africans are given the opportunity to govern themselves they seem to make a royal mess of things we ought to ask this admittedly annoying question. All of Africa is in shambles. Fifty years after African countries obtained their independence from Europe no African country can be said to have demonstrated excellence in governing its people’s affairs. (Perhaps, South Africa is the sole exception to the general rule but South Africa is largely the product of Europeans who established it and still run its economic infrastructure.)

Wherever Africans rule nothing works out well. All we seem to do is find sophisticated excuses to justify and rationalize Africans seeming inability to get anything right. Is it time that we stopped making excuses for Africans and asked whether in fact they can run modern political economies?

...And this negative assessment of Africans is not concerning only Africans in the continent of Africa but black folks all over the world.

...Give a black man a leadership opportunity and instead of working his black ass off for his people all he thinks is about enriching his immediate family at the expense of the public.

www.chatafrikarticles.com...

I also give you as more examples:
New orleans- www.chicagotribune.com...

Haiti - countrystudies.us...

Washington DC- www.washingtoncitypaper.com...

and before you start wondering who the racist kkk member cracker was who wrote the article let me post this picutre:

meet Mr. Ozodi Thomas Osuji
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d3845e2842b.jpg[/atsimg]

Discuss...

[edit on 17-4-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

What is in reality obvious to anyone following the situation, is that the world mismanagement team, tptb have been abusing, and raping Africa, committing genocide wanting this continent and resources for themselves, and playing a eugenics card.

Their hideous mural shows various races in coffins in the Denver International Airport, they have not hidden their eugenics genocidal programs but put them right out in the open.

This is just another example of a NWO fascist card. Should they be allowed to govern themselves, now? Everything is blamed on tribal warfare.

Even Rwanda, though 100,000 machetes were brought in from China, and it was nothing short of a mystery school ritualistic sacrifice, as usual.

news.bbc.co.uk...

After combing through bank archives and government documents she reveals, for instance, that in 1993 the government of Rwanda imported, from China, three quarters of a million dollars worth of machetes. This was enough for one new machete for every third male.

Machetes were used for many of the murders committed during the genocide.

The details of pre-genocide arms imports from Egypt and France are also given, as is the extent of French military cooperation with the parts of the Rwandan army most responsible for the genocide.

ics.leeds.ac.uk...

Nobody asked why nearly 100 000 new machetes were imported secretly into Rwanda before the civil war began in April 1994. No gas ovens or furnaces or hi-tech extermination as in Nazi Germany or former Yugoslavia. Just machetes and clubs and fragmentation grenades.

It is hard work to kill a person with a club and machete. The killers would have had to "rest" from their "work" as victims lay bleeding at their feet. Most of Rwanda's one million people victims were killed in this way.

Shattered bones, skulls split like watermelons, mouths drawn back in toothy grimaces, a child's skeleton held in an embrace of death by a mother. They are still there today in Ntarama, mute witnesses to the world's ignorance, neglect and complicity.

The visibly middle class group, was genocided as they obviously were creating tensions and set too good an example for the world's elite only wish to exploit Africa.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think they can govern the countries they are already ahead of, but I also think that they will feel an urge to help out their own kind first. But they probably won't. Mostly because of these 3 reasons.

1. Because they never suffered there
2. They are out of touch with their culture
3. Approval ratings

But I only think that the ones that have truly felt the suffering for their country would help them out.

p.s. Don't judge me. I am African and I am expressing my point of view.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It would take a major shift in ideology but I say this doesn't just apply to Africans but humanity as a whole. Most people when put into a position of power want nothing more than to increase that power or their own personal wealth and well being. Unfortunately in Africa we see that in it's basest form, there is no hiding behind a mask of seeming to help. I would say that they are capable of governing themselves just as well as anyone else, they're just not as capable of hiding the corruption of power that other countries and cultures have.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Ok, lets blame "the man" for the genocide?
are the tribal leaders white?
are the machete wielders white?

are Afrikaners babies that cannot make up their own mind?
If I gave you a free machete, from China or elsewhere, would you proceed to chop off other white people's arms and such?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

so they are good at governing but NOT at hiding the corruption? hence why they seem to fail at governing?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

To directly answer your question----- No.

But it's not just black people in "black" countries.

I don't care who the people are or where they live, if they don't have the intelligence required to run a country, they won't.

And when I say intelligence, I don't just mean one thing, like economics, I mean EVERYTHING that it would take to effectively run a country in this big, diverse world we live in.

You could pigeonhole it by saying that some enthnicities are smarter than others, but that's too easy. Sorry. IMO it all comes down to education.

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The problem is that they are just not ready for our type of civilization.
We have been pushing our kind of economic and cultural evolution upon them and they are just not ready.

Why exactly do we think that our way of life is the best way for everyone?
This is as bad as those religious hawkers who go around trying to convert everyone to their religion.

Can't we just let them be what they naturally are?
NOw that we have messed them up this far it will be very painful for them to find equalibrium in the way of life that is natural for them.
But if left to their own they will find it.
After all, they did thrive for thousands of years without us.

There is nothing we can do for them. Isn't that obvious?

[edit on 17-4-2010 by OhZone]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Nice thought, that we tried to modernize them, basically what you are saying is that we should have left them living in mud huts and dirt floors?

so it is our fault for bringing them up to our standard of living?

what about Haiti? when the blacks took over it was considered the gem of the caribbean and now???
just compare the other side of the island, the Dominican Republic with Haiti.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
reply to post by OhZone

Nice thought, that we tried to modernize them, basically what you are saying is that we should have left them living in mud huts and dirt floors?

what about Haiti? when the blacks took over it was considered the gem of the caribbean and now???
just compare the other side of the island, the Dominican Republic with Haiti.

Part of the problem is the billions of $ and £ that's been sent to the African countries in previous years hasn't achieved the aim of getting them on their feet.
The money gets siphoned off, stolen and misused.
It also encourages the 'I'll take the fish instead of the fishing rod' mentality.
Charity is nice, but it really begins at home.
Let the 1st world countries sort their own houses out first THEN think about a helping hand here and there later...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The problem might be that African countries lack any resources. Middle Eastern countries are pretty screwed up, but they are not complete hell holes because they have plenty of oil money. The oil money acts as a "patch" that can at least partially offset all the effects of corruption.

The only country that made something of itself with few natural resources is Japan. We should not be asking "What is wrong with Africa?" We should be asking "What is Japan doing right?"

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

again I have to use the stark comparison of Dominican Republic and Haiti...same island, one side thrives the other....

and what about the other examples I provided right here in the USA?

I'm sorry but the truth hurts sometimes and we are going to have to accept the FACT that blacks should not govern themselves or anyone else for that matter.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

"Give a black man a leadership opportunity and instead of working his black ass off for his people all he thinks is about enriching his immediate family at the expense of the public.", so in that generalization the black author of that statement must fit that mold also. I mean if you say black men can't do it or are selfish, then he must be the same way. And if he's not and says he's not, then he should change the generalization from black man/men to some or most. Also if they are trying to enrich themselves at the expense of their people you can say the same thing about him. Enriching himself through his publication saying what he did. The man is naive and I have to say you are too if by thinking that if it comes from a black face it must be correct what he says. It would be okay if you take away the centuries of exploitation from the govt. from almost every european country (hell the Belgium King had part of africa as his own fiefdom, remember the Belgium Congo which is called Rawanda). Then take into account the massive farming and mining resources of the continent. I remember reading where one South African politician (during Apartheid) said Africa is a beautiful place with vast resources, the problem is that it's full of AFRICANS.

It's real easy to say that a people aren't able to govern themselves because they are "naturally" not up to snuff. When in actuality they have been hampered for centuries of exploitation and even today. Americans and other countries don't want competition, and if they can keep Africa or other countries needing and wanting then they won't be a competitor to said country.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You are privy to an example of some of the after dinner discussions that black people have with themselves. As a black man I know of these discussions. What is of significant importance however is the role of blatant poverty in Africa with an unholy alliance with TPTB to exploit the mineral wealth of Africa and the third world in general.

Be adviced that the best lobster I have ever had was in a hotel in Ghana. And that the good stories of success in Africa are hardly newsworthy.

My father threatened pulled a gun on a European who suggested that due to the colonial links between them both and old Blighty that they should conspire to defraud a national timber company of their hardwoods. Dad was a tough guy but damn straight.

Several African countries have been misdeveloped to further European interests which often means de-stabilising and interfering with governments. And the conduct if the CIA in the English speaking Caribbean is an on-going saga.

The concept of patriotism is very different in developing countries and believe me life is cheap. Therefore everything is for sale and everyone want to go to the west where the streets are paved with gold and Pamela Anderson lives next door! So the true love of country seen by American patriots for example is not a reality.

I hope this turn out to be an interesting discourse.

Ultimately Africa will come of age and as did America.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

so lets play the blame game shall we?

again I must reiterate...
WHAT ABOUT HAITI????

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

disclaimer

Neither I nor anyone in my immediate family is racist. I am half Mexican half
Caucasian and have many black friends and date blacks without any problems.

Ok. Here's my disclaimer:

I'm a blatant racist, and I have no black or mexican friends because I don't like them.

There you go.

time to ask ourselves whether Africans can really
govern themselves in the modern world.

It's none of our business whether they can govern themselves in africa. And who are we to decide whether they're capable? Its their land, they live there not us, and it's up to them to decide for themselves how they want to live.

Give a black man a leadership opportunity and instead of working his black ass off for
his people all he thinks is about enriching his immediate family at the expense of the public.

That may be true. But it doesn't matter. It's basically reasonable for people of like mind to live together in the manner of their choosing. It is not your place to tell them how to live. It is not your place to "give them opportunities" they don't want or to decide what is proper for them based on your own standards.

It's perfectly fine for you to decide for yourself whether you want to live the way they do, but "taking pity" on someone who has no interest in your ideals and taking control, "civilizing them" against their wishes and compelling them to live by your criteria is not the answer.

Give them space. Let them do their own thing. They don't need us.

Judge what is proper and correct for yourself. Not what is proper and correct for others.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
reply to post by OhZone

Yes. On both accounts.

If they were better at surviving and taking care of their own in mud huts and dirt floors, so what?

Our standard of living? Please clarify what you mean by that. Our "standard of living" brought us airplanes that can travel 600+ miles per hour and take us to darn near any destination in the world. Impressive,yes, but a volcano erupts and these "majical birds" can't fly anymore? Seems like mother nature just put a temporary end to our "standard of living", No?

Seems like all of your "oohing and aahing" over our standard of living has blinded you to the fact that the closer a society is to nature, the better off they are. What if the leader of Rhwanda was educated at Oxford, had himself and his people living in mud huts and dirt floors, eating their livestock and out of their gardens, had a 2% unemployment rate, and had a better fiscal bottom line than the U.S.?

You would still find something to pick at wouldn't you?

Sad........So sad

Peace

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

so pretty much the consencus is NO MORE FINANCIAL OR MEDICAL AID TO BLACK COUNTIRES.

ok, I would have to agree with that, how about no more financial or medical aid leaves the US until we have a surpls?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

I do not want to come across as being knee-jerk politically correct, but is the Blackness of the leadership the factor in causing all the troubles.
Could the troubles stem from other factors like: a lack of resources, social and political infrastructures Black leaders inherit when they come into power, and economic conditions?

Let us take the Dominican Republic-Haiti example. Even though they are on the same island, there are differences between the Dominican Republic and Haiti other than one being ruled by Blacks and the other not being ruled by Blacks. For example, the Dominican Republic is a former Spanish colony while Haiti is a former French colony. Almost all Haitians descended from slaves, whole less Dominicanos descended from slaves.

Could the difference in the countries result from the colonial structure France set up? Could it result from the Dominican Republic having ruling elite class that was not scarred from the horrors of slavery?

Another thing we must consider is that Black people have only had the chance to inherit the leadership of messed up places with plenty of problems. You probably will not see a Black mayor of Beverly Hills in the near future, but you we have seen a Black mayor of Washington DC. You will not see a Black person become head of state of China, but a Black person became head of state of the US.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The reason they can't manage themselves is because we left them so dependent on us, it is hard to gain independence. We helped rape their mines by forcing them in debt for food and water. The IMF and the world bank has them in shackles.

The only way would be to help build their infrastructure so that they can help themselves. They need honest government officials rather than corrupt and selfish. That is the main problem. Corporations waltz in with cash on hand, they bribe the officials, they manipulate the taxes by fraudulent practices, and they give back nothing to the community. This leaves the community depending on the government for welfare, and clean water. This leaves the government depending on loans with high interest rates from the IMF and the world bank.

It is truly a sad process.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join