It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walter Tull...........WW1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Just watched a drama on this guy....have to say he did not give in on his belief and right, he served his country through all racist ignorance and still achieved.

I feel he should have been given the victoria cross.

What do you think?

[edit on 17-4-2010 by vesta]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Sorry Mod's if this is in the wrong forum, thought it was political madness - but realised its US political madness!!

Please put in the appropriate forum

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by vesta

Thanks for the heads up. This guy was a legend. Now I'm gonna bollock you a little bit
You've been a member for years and could've done the guy more justice in your OP.

Add a picture...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/87f666f5cd69.jpg[/atsimg]

Maybe some text?

The Northampton Echo reported on 9th October 1909: "A section of the spectators made a cowardly attack upon him in language lower than Billingsgate... Let me tell these Bristol hooligans (there were but few of them in a crowd of nearly twenty thousand) that Tull is so clean in mind and method as to be a model for all white men who play football whether they be amateur or professional. In point of ability, if not in actual achievement, Tull was the best forward on the field.''
Link

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/028df435ef8a.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm messing. Thanks for posting about Tell and I hope other guys read about him because of your thread

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Okay point taken ............I am sure you will see that I have not posted new thread's often........it's called confidence building

Please bear with me, I will learn

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by vesta

No bother. If you want any help give me a shout

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Added you as my first friend - Thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by vesta

Hiya Vesta, i found a couple of sites to bump your thread. They show two different experiences from either side of the Atlantic. I figure that given the recent rise in racial/prejudice posters on ATS lately...some members might appreciate a different insight?

A White Man's War? World War One and the West Indies

Black Britons from the West Indies responded to the outbreak of World War One with money as well as volunteers, despite some political opposition. Glenford D Howe considers the effect of war on the West Indies and the experience of black people who fought for the empire.

World War I (1914-1918)

' June 20, 1918. Exploit of two colored infantrymen some weeks ago in repelling much larger German patrol, killing and wounding several Germans and winning Croix de Guerre by their gallantry, has roused fine spirit of emulation among colored troops, all of whom are looking forward to more active service. Only regret expressed by colored troops is that they are not given more dangerous work to do. They are especially amused at the stories being circulated that the American colored troops are placed in the most dangerous positions and all are desirous of having more active service than has been permitted them so far."

new topics

top topics

join