It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Signs $18 Billion Jobless Benefits Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Obama Signs $18 Billion Jobless Benefits Bill

abcnews.go.com

Just hours after Congress passed an $18 billion bill to restore unemployment benefits for the long-term unemployed, President Barack Obama made it the law of the land.

The measure comes as welcome relief to hundreds of thousands of people who lost out on the additional weeks of compensation after exhausting their state-paid benefits. They now will be able to reapply for long-term unemployment benefits and receive those checks retroactively under the legislation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Well alright!

Hundereds of Thousands of Americans can breath easier now that more fiat money is going to get the necessities they need to them.

While the system may be a lot of things - I guess there's also some benefits to see in the aftermath. Meanwhile, Goldman Sachs revels in their Rape America scheme - which is interesting since their Rape Europe scheme seems to have backfired on them lol...

But... It's great to see Americans getting fed, after being Raped....

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It's a bad situation but it's better than giving it to the banks. However I have to wonder what happened to the $800 billion Simulus. With that kind of money you could employ a lot of people if it was directed entirely towards job creation.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It's a panic move.
They are only doing it because if the people run out of money, the empire will crumble, and there would have to be military in the streets.

I guess they don't think it's time yet.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Consider this perspective.

The citizenry just got a 18 billion $ bailout.

And corporations got over a trillion $ bailout.

I guess we know who Uncle Sam likes the most, don't we.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No, only those who are unemployed got a bailout. I work, but a bailout would be nice if sent my way as well.

Of course helping the working people would make it easier for them. You cannot help the slaves as they are below you.

Raist

join