It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING**-North Korea Denies sinking South's warship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

**BREAKING**-North Korea Denies sinking South's warship

news.bbc.co.uk

North Korea has denied sinking a South Korean warship near their disputed maritime border last month.

"As South Korea can't identify the cause of the accident, they are using the media to attribute it to us," said a statement carried by state media.

It is the first official comment by Pyongyang on the incident, in which more than 40 sailors were killed
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Interesting story here. It's the first response from the North. Just yesterday we had news of the South saying that there was a blast from the outside of the ship possiby by a "Bubble Jet" blast from a Torpedo.

I must admit, i thought if the North had done this, they would be boasting about it, not denying it.

The chess game continues........

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I'm rather surprised by this statement but once again I commend both parties in this situation for their restrain.

The reason I am surprised is North Korea using the media to issue a statement to the rest of the world. One might start to suspect they care what we think

[edit on 17-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
to tell the truth
I actually believe they are telling the truth

Normally when Kim Jong Ill does something
like this, he is all over the news claiming
how he was proud of it. That's his persona.

But when this happened, he was quiet
the whole time. He was as surprised about it
as the SK were.

I think there are other forces at work here.

just an opinion

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I think there are other forces at work here.

I think so too. It's almost like some other Nation are trying to stoke up the fire and push one of the Foes into a hasty military decision

China, Russia?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Like i said the media in the west just jump on board wanting america to take on all comers, and no one is looking to start.

Americans have to understand that most people just want to live there lifes, and its not anything to do with them. But the anglo american empire wants to force there will and everything on people.

This all contributes to the headlines of a few weeks ago.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Being ATS, we have to ask about who would benefit the most from starting a NK v SK/US conflict.

and isn't it odd that a south korean vessile in this day, not to have a radar system capable of detecting an incoming NK torpedo?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I believe they are telling the truth.

So, ummm, who do we point to?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I think 'CitizenNum287119327' is correct in saying "who could benefit the most from a conflict'?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

China? As a reason to come in as the saviour and annex Korea?

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
I think so too. It's almost like some other Nation are trying to stoke up the fire and push one of the Foes into a hasty military decision

China, Russia?

My theory:

Either Russia or CIA.
Leaning more toward Russia.
It was Russia that helped overthrow
Kyz gov last week to stop US forces
from expanding in Afgh.
And Russia has the resources.
And guess who is an Ally of NK? Russia.

I think the US Navy has focused so much
of it's intel in other parts of the world.
I think it needs to spy on Russia's Navy
to find out what new kind of sonar invisible
torpedoes they have

Only thing left would either be a mine
or maybe sabotage with a device attached
underneath the belly by divers last time it was docked.
Remember, CIA has access to US Navy dolphins
who can carry explosives to a target in the water.

Just some different ideas roaming around my head.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Who's telling the truth? Little Kim?

Line 2

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
If anyone thinks this incident is going to provoke the US into a retaliatory strike, think again. The US military is too sophisticated to fall for such an amateur move.

*If* it was an external strike against the SK ship, it came from NK. Think Occam's Razor. Now Little Kim has panic from his drunken move, and is denying his involvement because he is afraid of payback after he sobered up.

There is no China/Russia baiting, imo. If they were to try to lure the US into warfare, they'd be much more tricky.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

or maybe:
rothschilds -> to make money.
uses israelli sub.
if not NK, china would be assumed.
China aids NK in conflict.
China needs more steel.
China has to but ore.
Rio Tinto (rothschilds & friends) sells ore at the now current record contract prices.

just a different angle..

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Hey all you guys!!

Maybe it was just a left over mine?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

There has been growing speculation in the South that the ship had been hit by a North Korean torpedo, killing 46 sailors and raising fears it could trigger conflict on the divided peninsula.

Investigators from several countries, including the United States, are trying to determine what caused the 1,200-tonne Cheonan to split in half and plunge some 45 metres.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Well who would benefit from a conflict and who is most at threat from a conflict?

We've got the US and Japan right next door. And then there's China.

The Japanese certainly don't like the North Koreans. And who would suspect them?

But then again the US has a vested interest in keeping the Japanese spooked to apply pressure over military bases.

Also China could agitate the situation and use the instant assumption North Korea did it to take pressure off Iran.

With the denial of North Korea and without a clear finding in the South Korean case, unless they can prove that a torpedo was used and perhaps where it came from this situation gets more and more murky.

Perhaps we will never know who sunk this ship or why.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Now Little Kim has panic from his drunken move, and is denying his involvement because he is afraid of payback after he sobered up.

lmao
when has lil Kim EVER been panicked?? never
when has lil Kim EVER been afraid??? never

he shakes his fist at the world in defilement

I think ur playing a moot card at this point.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
Hey all you guys!!

Maybe it was just a left over mine?

it could have been
but lets look at some evidence

the explosion happened in the rear
of the vessel. Mines usually explode as the
ship makes contact with them which would
lead one to believe that mines target the front
of the ship. Unless the ship was going backwards.

Sterns are usually targeted to render a vessel
dead in the water so they cant move. That would
lend the theory of either a hidden device or a torpedo.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Reply to post by andy1033

Yes you really have america figured out. Yet you really seem disconnected from the way the average american really wants to live. 99% of the worlds governments are corrupt, but since we are america everyone else gets a free pass. The only time any other country's people are out protesting for us is when we are the first ones there helping a country during a major disaster. 2 years later how quickly it is forgotten and people are out protesting against us. No one can help that your government suppresses the people and puts the blame on america.this may just really sound ignorant but after taking my int. Literature class I have come to realize that american was truly one of the leading nations in providing liberties to its people unheard of anywhere else. Yes some were still racists and some still suppressed the jews, women, etc... But no where near what many other countries had including china, russia, germany, the whole middle east, the UK, etc...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join