It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Thomas: "We are evading that one, the eligibility issue"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
www.c-spanvideo.org...

Justice Thomas: "We are evading that one, the eligibility issue"

www.youtube.com...

April 15, 2010

[edit on 103030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

"You don't have to be born in the united states and you never have to answer that question,"

"So you haven't answered the one that I can serve as president, but you can answer this one?"

Thomas," we're evading that one."

[edit on 103030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Now you can take this at face value or read in-between the lines, what exactly is so funny, and they know.

Three of the nine justices thought the elegiblity issue was worth hearing, remember,

Court Justice Clarence Thomas was the one that took an interest in the legal question and asked the rest of the bench to look into the case.

Saw his wife was at a Tea party yesterday, BTW.
articles.latimes.com...

[edit on 113030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It seemed to be congenial banter and a demonstration of the Justice's quick wit.

Do you think the topic was brought up as an 'inside' joke?

Frankly, I'm not sure this comment can bear the full weight of the significance which some may try to apply.

I have always expected that the SCOTUS would avoid any potential appearance of 'lack of confidence' in our 'duly elected president.' I wouldn't expect them to challenge the issue especially as many were quite politically active (and thus part of the political machinery) in their time before their appointment to the Supreme Court.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Is it me or is he saying evading to the question that the white bloke in video can serve as president.

Out of curiousity can anyone tell me how many of the 9 justices are governmental patsies

[edit on 16-4-2010 by acrux]

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I dont really consider myself a "birther," I feel there are far to many other things unfolding before us that warrant our attention. However, if Obama did lie about his birth, that has serious implications.

But, NOBODY can deny the fact that this whole eligibility issue refuses to die. I feel like if this was a hoax, or if there was nothing to this whole thing, it would have squashed a long time ago.

Even my friends who are the most liberal dems are now getting nervous, and cant help but ask "Why the hell doesnt Obama just show his BC?"

I guess you cant show something that doesnt exist.

The very fact that high ranking people, politicians, judges, military, are questioning Obama on this, and not just the conspiracy "fringe," tells me there is something to this...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

it's being evaded because to them its a ridiculous conspiracy.

i happen to think obama would be even cooler if he got away with not being american born, that would take some serious balls, or satans wish as the right confirms every week or so

edit to say: oh, i'm not a 'bama lover, i just think he's too much of a wuss to pull of anything like that. people say he's 'so radical!' but he isn't, he needs to push much harder.

palin 2012! hahahaha

[edit on 16-4-2010 by tylermbell]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Do you think the topic was brought up as an 'inside' joke?

Frankly, I'm not sure this comment can bear the full weight of the significance which some may try to apply.

I understand your points on both your statements.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Even my friends who are the most liberal dems are now getting nervous, and cant help but ask "Why the hell doesnt Obama just show his BC?"

For me, yes, now it is just a curiosity.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tylermbell

i just think he's too much of a wuss to pull of anything like that.

He is/was backed by some very powerful and peculiar people in high places, so who knows.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

Is it me or is he saying evading to the question that the white bloke in video can serve as president.

Yes, but is there an inside joke?

Who knows what is discussed in private by these people.

Are they evading the issue of the meaning of natural born citizen?

[edit on 033030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
BTW Aren't Puerto Ricans considered natural born and eligible to become president?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

i think you're right. but even then that would never pass through, let alone some faked documents, including a hawaii newspaper announcing his birth the day of his birth and releasing his certificate to the general public.

it's apart of the right tactic to rally support towards their side.

and yeah, there is some weird things connected to obama, but no where near as bad as bush. yet the public is pushing the blame on obama when he really hasn't done anything wrong.

like how the stimulus is one of the last stitches keeping our system running, or how he has been keeping a pretty good pace with what he wanted to do with the country in the beginning. the things that won him the election are the very things that are crippling support for him.

and need i mention the bikini graph?

edit: and once again, i keep the public opinion above my leftist views on politics.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by tylermbell]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Puerto Ricans are US citizens, BUT according to ToPuertoRico

Puerto Rico is a territory (Commonwealth) of the United States of America and Puerto Ricans have common citizenship, currency and defense. Although Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens, residents of Puerto Rico pay no federal income tax, nor can they vote in presidential elections. As citizens, Puerto Ricans do not require a work visa (also known as green cards) to live and/or work in the United States. Over 2 million Puerto Ricans live in the United States, primarily in the northeast.

I'm only guessing that based on since they cannot vote in Presidential elections, I doubt they can run for POTUS. I do not know whether their voting status changes if/when they relocate to CONUS, since PR is still considered a territory. Perhaps someone else here can answer that one. I think the territory status is the gray area.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Is this for real? How in Gods name can this insanity persist. Could anyone ever dream of this even becoming a possibilty. I don't know how but it has become a reality and seemingly its funny and few are paying attention to the abandoment of our constitution. This reminds me of a group of two year olds in the the back yard playing and yet suffering from severe mental disorders. Have we all become so zombiefied that reality is no longer real as it is supplemented with something so evil that black seems white. It would seem so, would it not?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I guess it all depends on the definition of "evade"

dictionary.lp.findlaw.com...

1: to unlawfully fail to pay (taxes) through fraudulent or deceptive means
2: to avoid answering directly
Example: trying to evade the question

He did not say the citizenship had been "lawfully proven" or anything to that effect.

The right goes to sleep when their guy is the "puppet in chief" & so does the left.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by zzombie]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaslaugh123

Is this for real? How in Gods name can this insanity persist. Could anyone ever dream of this even becoming a possibility. I don't know how but it has become a reality.......

Seems like we are living in an episode of the twilight zone... We are.

The Grand Irrationality
www.aquariuspapers.com...

Last time this happened was 1937-1941. This time its extended out much further.

We are living in strange times.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think it's obvious he's joking. The point is, the issue in queston is no laughing matter, and untill it's settled to the satisfaction of everyone, "birthers" and "non-birthers" alike, it's not an appropriate subject for a supreme court justice to be making light of. People take this very seriously.

[edit on 4/16/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Upon looking at the title of this thread, did anyone besides me think he was talking about the eligibility issues for a Supreme Court nominee? Well, I can laugh all by myself...
Otherwise birther threads are a big waste of my time.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I am sorry to say this but with all the evidence and common sense we all know that if we were talking about any other person or case they would be in court. Period.

How can you find fault with someone who has tried and tried to seek justice through the proper channels and courts only to be ridiculed, and lied to by a corrupt system. If there was a group who believed in there country and constitution, felt it was time to seek justice on there own, I could not honestly find fault with them! For I feel the true criminal and terrorist is this tyrannical government.

I don't think it is fair to force normally good honest Americans to the point that it is the only yes only option left. I feel we could get on our hands and knees and beg them to please hear us. Beg them not to force us into this position. But they would not care what they are pushing us into. When someone is put on trial for something they have done we the people, the jury need to say no, sorry not guilty you asked for it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join