It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cassini project by NASA's captures the image of lighting on Saturn (vid & pic)!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fa101ace621.jpg[/atsimg]

I saw this while I was reading another story about NASA that I posted this morning-that did have anything to do with this part mentioned in that story (Intelligent Design).

So, I decided to check the claim out. I have found various stories about lighting being seen on the moons of Saturn and the North and South Auroras being observed-at the same time!-but not much else.

I also went to the NASA Jet site adn discovered they just relased this info: saturn.jpl.nasa.gov... (which is an interesting site in itself) and found-[(has movie also!) atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2755f800e8b9.jpg[/atsimg] :

This Cassini movie -- the first of its kind -- shows lightning on Saturn's night side flashing in a cloud that is illuminated by light from Saturn's rings. This movie is a concatenation of nine images taken in visible light with the Cassini spacecraft narrow-angle camera on Nov. 30, 2009.
Source:
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

Anyway, I think this is very interesting so now you members in the Space Know, rip it apart-just kidding. Can't wait to see what, if anything, the members have to say.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I think this is fascinating!

I for one believe that where we see 'to and fro' along with 'sparks of light'....there can be some form of life.

Why?

Because this is how life begins. Just look at what happens when a egg and sperm join....there is a 'electrical spark' literally when they join. It can even be observed....it looks like a form of 'lightning'.

Life needs energy (sun, water, ect)...lightning is defiantly a form of energy.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think I'm missing something here, what is so extraordinary?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

I think what is extraordinary is before we had all of these way to observe the rest of the Universe, many assumed that all other planets (especially religions thought this) were DEAD...just spheres with no use.

Through our sciences and technology, we learned that lightening is a huge factor in the beginnings of life. The more we find that building blocks for life exists elsewhere...the more we start to understand...Earth might not be the only special place in this vastness.

I picture Earth in its early days...and see a place of HUGE chaos. It was probably somewhat nightmarish. Similar to how we see some of the planets right now. They could be in the very early stages of producing a place of life, just as Earth did long long ago.

It just helps me respect looking beyond Earth and not being so full of myself as a human to think 'this is it and all there is'.

If we see gas, volcanoes, lightening ect on the planets in our own solar system. Why would this stuff not be going on in the millions of other solar systems?

It broadens the horizon....

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Great response LeoVirgo. Exactly what I was hoping to see when I posted this.

I NEVER thought of it like the way you presented it. Wish I could flag you.

I sure hope some more of you scientic types can add to this.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Ill give this one more bump. I am surprised of the lack of interests there is in science and space sometimes at ATS.

I think its great to know that the other spheres are busy too.

new topics

top topics

join