It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Fair To Call Intelligence "Artificial"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Oddly, this is something i feel compassionate about.

If i am so distracted by local and international events i'm not paying close enough attention to the things i am passivley participating in, then i become part of the conspiracy, albeit unwillingly.

If we are unable to decern where our own consciousness and intelligence originates, and "artificial" denotes and could be considered as fake or not real, then who are we to call any intelligence "artificial".

If we are participationg in a system where corporations and other world entities may be creating "artificial intelligence", aren't we guilty of conspiring with the system to make "A.I." controlled by systems that are in the buiseness of making money?

i've read some of the definitions of "artificial intelligence".

i don't know where intelligence comes from or originates.

perhaps "artificial" could be viewed different ways, i must concede.
However i am concerned if corporate entities and others are pursuing creating intelligence and controlling it, and me being responsible because of my ignorance, or my priorities being clouded by the mainstream belief systems and propoganda.

Do we know what people are doing with HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS OF DOLLARS that NO ONE CAN ACCOUNT FOR?

Money has been spent doing something? Right?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

the place we are at with artificial intelligence is pretty much the beginning of the end of true AI.

artificial means non-biological.

new topics

join