It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats the plan for 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I was just wondering, (i do not want to turn this into a pro/anti 2012 thread) when the year 2012 comes around. In the event that there is no event what will happen to the board and the threads? Will they all get 404'd, moved to hoax, BTS jokes or will we keep it to look back on for the next dooms day date?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I suspect that ATS will rename the area to 2016, and do a massive replace across the board...replacing all references of 2012 to 2016...then 2020...etc

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The best course of action I should think would simply be to label them all "HOAX" and keep them in the archives.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I agree with the archiving of it... either that or we could bug out and nuke the site from orbit

[edit on 15-4-2010 by djmolecular]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by djmolecular

You think it is funny to make space based terrorist threats?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

lolz

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You know, people don't have to be so ignorant about 2012.

If 2012 doesn't happen, and there is no big event, and all the predictions and prophecies are false, and all the people that believe in it are wrong.... Does that mean they are idiots? Does that mean they should be respected less? Theres thousands of religions out there, not all of them can be right, but that doesn't make anyone stupid. If 2012 comes and goes with nothing wrong, who cares? So people were wrong in their beliefs.

But my question to all you non believers out there, what if it is you, that is wrong? Do we get to move all of you to the Hoax forum? Do we get to call you an idiot? Do we get to rub it in your face that you were wrong? It goes both ways. So why can't we respect each other opinions, and when we find out who is wrong, be nice about it. Because, I believe it is better to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. I would be happy to admit I am wrong. I want to be wrong about 2012. But I don't expect people to call me an idiot for believing in it. I don't expect to be shunned, and disrepected for believing in it. Because if I am right, you'll all be sorry you didn't listen. And if you are right, I'll be sorry I spent so much time researching and worrying about something stupid.

So either way, we all pay the price for our beliefs, we don't need to rub it in each others faces.

So leave the 2012 forum alone, if 2012 doesn't happen, that whole forum will eventually die, and be deleted. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, right or wrong, isn't that what ATS is all about?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
my friend it has already started, maybe 2012 does have some significance. more people will believe in the 2012 phenomenon as we get closer and closer... i feel like the world will be so different at the start of 2012 we wont recognise it...

i'm not comparing but look at 1939 pre war and 1941, 2 years and so many big changes... and there was no significance about any of the years that we know of, but many ancients and religions have mentioned 2012 and i feel that something must happen... it has already started

[edit on 15-4-2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Yes but in 1939ish spirit workers of the light dimension were not making predictions about 1941. I have no doubt that 2030 will be different that today but that is just common sense, things change. But there will be no cataclysmic event in 2012.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well imma live 2012 like I've lived any other year; with fun and love. Should at the end of 2012 some significant event take place and the world is never the same well I'll have lived it to the fullest before my time was up. For I look at life like blades of grass...why worry about the one life; when there are many more to be had?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

well they didnt have nuclear weapons and werent so advanced back in 1939 either, yet europe was left in chaos.

now we have nuclear weapons and other technologies, if two equally powerful sides fight, then they'll resort to nukes... after a nuclear war the world will be a very different place... not saying it will happen in 2012, but it can happen anytime...

chances are higher that big event will happen from now until start 2013 than not happen... the world is already going crazy...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by djmolecular

It's the only way to be sure.

On topic I think it would be the perfect time to create a new board. Since I wouldn't really consider a failed prediction necessarily a hoax since the people that make them tend to believe in them. I think we should just relegate them to a Failed Prophecy board. That way people don't have to scour the Hoax board to find a topic on a failed prophecy, and it would be a good way to catalog all the predictions that are made on this board that don't pan out.

new topics

top topics

join