It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So! What's happening with the 4/15 Tea Party protests?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Do you know even know any Tea Party People? or are you just assuming you are far superior to all of them?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
What a good thread to highlight how those that don't agree with what some stand for and protest for is made fun of and passed off as something to banter about at the water cooler. Yet, nearly every single one of you that has made some 'witty' comment here is off in other threads defending your beliefs.... oh well...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Cmon. The TPM used to stand for something till Sarah Palin and the GOP decided to take it over. Now all it is, is a mouthpiece for the GOP. these aren't independents. These are just right wingers who are pissed off because McCain didn't win the presidency.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Oh come on!
Don't be so dramatic, there is nothing wrong with a sense of humor.
What IS interesting is the lack of response fro alleged TP'ers, or at least people that agree with them.
I was simply curious about what, if anything was happening, not being jusgemental. I ASKED PEOPLE FOR THEIR OWN REPORTS!
Since I got practicaly nothing, I'm concluding that NOTHING MUCH HAPPENED! Seems fair to me!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

So are you saying it has morphed into a new movement? One that no longer resembles the later or those that still stood for the original are being drowned out?

Do you have an inside to this knowledge that all these people were there because McCain lost? Or is that just the line you wish to tow?

I would suspect you know me as good as anyone knows me around these boards and I am not one to follow the crowd and defend others unless I feel principles have been violated.

Here, what I see is a thread created not to discuss the merits of the Tea Party protests that occurred on 4/15, not to discuss who is in attendance and what they were protesting.

One just has to look at the passive aggressive thread title to know what this thread was about. Sure enough it was like a bug to a light as people rolled in to make their little digs upon the people engaged in the protests.

So to connect this to my previous post, it is good to know where some people are coming from, especially based upon past 'I am smarter and more sophisticated' posts that tried to smack down others when they began to put down their views....irony was all I was trying to point out.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Besides your title that is highly passive aggressive which will bring out the very people that are not going to answer your question, but rather use the opportunity to just make light of fellow Americans because their beliefs are on the other side of the fence.

Other than that, your OP is not what I am highlighting. It asked questions, it was thought provoking and such, but you are asking such a limited group (how many ATS'ers are Tea Party goers?) The first couple of posts where good and then the thread degenerated into hit thread it was inevitable to become. You as the author have a responsibility to try and regain control and refocus the participants, but instead you took glee in the rable-rousing that ensued.

Then, because of the lack of response here that was in support of the protest, you make a conclusion that it was nothing? When did protests have to be big to be important? At what point or threshold does a protest become viable and newsworthy for you? 10 people? 100 people? 1000 people?

Overall, when I pointed out that the very people that have been not utilizing a critical thinking skill in their body and ultimately made this thread into a 'trash' the tea party protests, you fire back that I lack a sense of humor.

So, because I point out the irony in the situation, I don't have a sense of humor. I shall remember that when a thread has completely regressed into just making fun of what you stand for or support and I will just tell you that you have to gain a sense of humor...its all in good fun right?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join