It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So! What's happening with the 4/15 Tea Party protests?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm seeing very little online regarding what some promised would be massive protests against taxes, Obama, Health Care etc.
So I'm curious? What IS happening out there. Anyone have any first hand observations? Any experiences> Any anything to report?
No, I'm not going to watch Glenn Beck!
BE YOUR OWN MEDIA! REPORT HERE IF THERE IS ANYTHING TO SAY!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
There are a sprinkling here and there, but the issue is, the pork report came out, and people already got some taxes back

The found pork spending has been reduced by 10.2% and people got more taxes back than normal on average..

Hard to get fired up when your suddenly not completely dissatisfied with the outcome.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

Didn't you hear they all got rounded up and herded into secret FEMA camps by Obama's secret army of doctors. This mission was successful thanks to information gleaned from the census. In order to keep population numbers steady, for every one of the teabaggers put into the FEMA camp, Obama has granted an illegal Kenyan immigrant full citizenship and has given them a doctored Hawaiian birth certificate....

Best,
Skunknuts

P.S. I'd rather be in a FEMA camp than have to listen to this gem being sung at the rally, as it was today:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
What IS happening out there. Anyone have any first hand observations? Any experiences> Any anything to report?

Not much really... I'm watching the D.C. rally right now via satellite, it's just like being there. You get to see the whole thing instead of the cherry picked statements chosen by the MSM. Apparently DeMint and Ron Paul are scheduled to make an appearance.

They haven't panned the camera around since I found the feed, so I don't really have an idea as to the size of the crowd yet, but there's no commercials and it's focused on the podium with full audio.

Except for one disruptive liberal I haven't seen too much action yet. If anything interesting starts happening, I'll be sure and record it on my myth box so it doesn't get overlooked.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

BWAAAAAAAHHHHAAA!
So, our Marxist/Muslim liberal plan is proceeding as scheduled!
Are they getting their forced swine flu shots and microchips planted?

HAIL COMRADE OBAMA!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

BWAAAAAAAHHHHAAA!
So, our Marxist/Muslim liberal plan is proceeding as scheduled!
Are they getting their forced swine flu shots and microchips planted?

HAIL COMRADE OBAMA!

Yes, HAARP will soon be activating the implanted rfid chip switching the muslim converting brain algorithms as soon as Obama has killed off the elderly via death panels and forced 50% of christian babies to be terminated for phase 1 of white depopulation.

Oh yeah, Obama just changed the national anthem and handed al qaida a nuke. They knew it was time to look in the ultra secret hiding spot because they saw the hidden symbolism in the signage from the nuclear summit.

[edit on 4/15/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Excellent!
So now Obama can proclaim Lady GaGa as the Queen of the NWO, reveal the Reptilian shape shifting hordes and start the war with the Greys?
Can I start spending my Ameros?
This is all happening so fast! Please let me know, my 666 tat is starting to itch, I'm going to have one of my Death Panel doctor buddies look at it. Plus, I'm late for the Bilderberg Conference! I guess I'll take the underground 12,000 mph tunnel train.
Tweet me man!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Oh I forgot about this event.

I'm in D.C. right now, been driving around the city a bit on errands but haven't heard much.

Where was this supposed to be?

I took my dog to the park, picked my wife up at the CDC, bought a bottle of wine and baked two fish.

Average day here so far.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I knew there was supposed to be a "Tea Party Rally" in my town today, because a few of my conservative colleagues have been screeching about it all month. So, I thought I would look it up while on break at the clinic and see just how bit it is.

There are nearly 1 million people, 906,825 to be exact as of 2008, in Shelby County (I'm in Memphis). Of that million or so people, a whooping 200-300 showed up to the rally...hahahaha!

Memphis Tea Party

I can't wait to tack this up in the physician's lounge tomorrow morning with "200-300" underlines in red. There are more doctors than that at my hospital alone! Some "majority" movement they've got there.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts

Didn't you hear they all got rounded up and herded into secret FEMA camps by Obama's secret army of doctors. This mission was successful thanks to information gleaned from the census. In order to keep population numbers steady, for every one of the teabaggers put into the FEMA camp, Obama has granted an illegal Kenyan immigrant full citizenship and has given them a doctored Hawaiian birth certificate....

Best,
Skunknuts

P.S. I'd rather be in a FEMA camp than have to listen to this gem being sung at the rally, as it was today:

Don't mind Victoria Jackson she's gone back home to her Christian zealot roots and went conservative big time. Here's her wiki, she even made comment about the liberal media (I guess she must have forgot about her time on SNL back in the day).

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I didn't think I'd make it here in time.

Run! Run for the hills!!!

The teapartiers have gone ape! They are burning down the post office, the court house, destroying police cars and they started to loot the Food King!!

They're coming up the street as I'm typing this! They've burned most of the Presidential staff and Congress in effigy!!!

(Well, in a perfect world, that's what would happen).

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

In your perfect world, delusional people run amok in the streets due to taxes nearly half of them don't pay anyways and due to programs they hate but willingly accept (social security, Medicare)?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

you know, they use to make similar jokes about people who were, early on, freaking out about the federal reserve, the irs, and the end game of giving too much power to a handful of people, who may not share our enthusiasm for our freedoms, supposedly given to us at birth, by nature's god.

perhaps someone left out the important details, such as the identity of the god to which they refer?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I haven't heard if there was a rally in the small town near me like they had last year. But, then, most people who are complaining about taxes where I live are actually working on weekdays and can't afford to take time off to protest about the money that is taken from their earnings before they receive the leftovers in their weekly paychecks.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
There are a sprinkling here and there, but the issue is, the pork report came out, and people already got some taxes back

The found pork spending has been reduced by 10.2% and people got more taxes back than normal on average..

Hard to get fired up when your suddenly not completely dissatisfied with the outcome.

SaturnFX, what do you think government spending should be as a percentage of GDP? What level would you find offensively overbearing?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
From what I understand tonight is the "I'm unemployed and protesting taxes and wasteful spending luau". Funded by unemployment checks.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I went to a tea Party today, I didn't go to the big one in Chicago, but a smaller one in the suburbs. It had a pretty big turn out. It was the first one I have ever been too, but everybody was very polite. It had a few Union thugs yelling out how Bush sucks, and trying to get the crowd worked up. It also had a few Anti-War Protesters, who keep yelling out anti-war chants... there was 3 of them, and obviously of the Hippie generation.
I don't understand why People Bash tea party people, for the most part they are very smart and know what they are talking about. They clean up after themselves and don't cause any problems. unlike any liberal protest... Remember that period when people we're puking on the side walk, to end the War?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

It took me a while to realize that the Victoria Jackson song WASN'T a satire! It reminds me of "Saturday Night Live," which I understand she appeared on at one time. Are you sure this wasn't some kind of joke she was perpetrating at the rally?

As a satire, the song is hilarious. My "commie" friends will get a kick out of it.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Sestias]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Sadly, it isn't satire, unless she is trying to pull off a several year long episode of "Punk'd". Look for some of her Fox News appearance on Youtube, it's very unsettling.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias

It took me a while to realize that the Victoria Jackson song WASN'T a satire! It reminds me of "Saturday Night Live," which I understand she appeared on at one time. Are you sure this wasn't some kind of joke she was perpetrating at the rally?

As a satire, the song is hilarious. My "commie" friends will get a kick out of it.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Sestias]

I keep wondering if she is perhaps playing a huge joke on the American people or just playing the part for some extra cash. I can't believe she is really that nutty. She is basically playing the stereotypical tea party member cranked up to 11.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join