It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sentient smoke

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Has anyone had any experience with smoke that did not come from a cigarette, fire, mist or any other known source that moved on its own instead of the breeze/wind? If so, I'd be interested in hearing about it. *waits for 'my spouse's cooking' and other predictable puns to clear*

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have seen smoke come from seemingly nowhere in my aunt's trailer. My grandfather died there, and he smoked 3 packs a day, so i think that is probably where the "smoke" came from.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
I have seen smoke come from seemingly nowhere in my aunt's trailer. My grandfather died there, and he smoked 3 packs a day, so i think that is probably where the "smoke" came from.

I've heard that cigar/pipe/cigarette smoke smell gets trapped in wood and often releases on humid days or when cleaning. I haven't heard of the actual visible smoke appearing.

The smoke I'm asking about isn't from tobacco or other known sources and appears to be sentient. Any contributing information can be a help though, thank you.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I think it goes by the name of "John Locke" at the moment. Either call it the "Man in Black" or "Evil Locke". Gotta love LOST!!

--

But seriously, I have seen water vapor rising from "solids" that seem to move when the wind blows and mysterious rolling fogs that would make the hair stand up on your neck(once you see it you will freak out!). I have no experienced anything wispy but I am wondering why you ask.

Is it because you have experienced something or that you have been watching too much lost??

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBloodRed
I think it goes by the name of "John Locke" at the moment. Either call it the "Man in Black" or "Evil Locke". Gotta love LOST!!

--

I was waiting for the reference as I'm a LOST watcher too, but not meaning a monster or billows of darkness.

But seriously, I have seen water vapor rising from "solids" that seem to move when the wind blows and mysterious rolling fogs that would make the hair stand up on your neck(once you see it you will freak out!).

Some mornings we get a nice moving fog in the lesser populated areas.

I have no experienced anything wispy but I am wondering why you ask.

Wispy is actually the best description I'm thinking of.

Is it because you have experienced something or that you have been watching too much lost??

A questionable memory, maybe it was a dream. I didn't give details to see if someone could pinpoint to where I could say "yeah, that's it". There's no intention to making a guessing game, just curious and if the thread fades that's okay, but I was supposed to question it.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This is a great topic so I don't want it to die though shouldn't it be in Cryptozoology? I guess it is debatable. xD

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

This is a great topic so I don't want it to die though shouldn't it be in Cryptozoology? I guess it is debatable. xD

No zoo here, unless I was out sick during the lessons on non-matter animals in Biology. A good question though.

new topics

top topics

join