It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israels Declining Sperm Quality Tied To Depleted Uranium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

salem-news.com

"The research confirmed that in 10 years, the average concentration of sperm among donors declined from 106 million cells per cubic centimeter to 67 million per cubic centimeter. The rate of sperm motility has also declined: from 79 to 67 percent, although the profile of donors did not change over that period; they are still young, healthy and do not smoke."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This isn't an Israel bashing thread first and foremost as this problem affects Iraqi's, Brits and Americans alike.

That being said, it's really hard to feel sorry for those who use these weapons and are afflicted by the side effects of radiation. Perhaps this is karma at work.

I'm sure most of us have seen the images of various deformaties of newborns whose homelands have been savaged by these weapons. There is no apology that can atone for that.

Why is DU not outlawed? There are no winners with this kind of weapon.

salem-news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Oh my god.
Another Depleted Uranium with no proof of anything.
No one has fired DU at the Israelis. They may have fire it into Gaza but not into Israel

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Just do some research, especially on the Cambridge paper and the UN concerning it, it combust into nano form and enters your dna, firing canons off, causing terrible mutations and disease. It is world wide bonded to our atmosphere. You shoot it into GAZA, its in ISRAEL. Its also everywhere, found in Antartica.

Its horrendous and declared a weapon of mass destruction, for it harms all, and takes 4.5 billion years to clean up, unless they have some hidden tech up their butt sides.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by ANNED

Just do some research, especially on the Cambridge paper and the UN concerning it, it combust into nano form and enters your dna, firing canons off, causing terrible mutations and disease. It is world wide bonded to our atmosphere. You shoot it into GAZA, its in ISRAEL. Its also everywhere, found in Antartica.

I did the research. i KNOW many more people that were exposed to DU then you do. and i have talked to them.
One: Why do the people in New Mexico where they mined the DU not have these terrible mutations, I am talking about the Diné (Navajo)
may worked in the mines where the Uranium was mined.

I have worked in mining to the level of being a mine superintendent and worked with the Diné miners and other miners that worked in Uranium mines. When the Uranium mines closed a lot of these skilled miners moved to gold mining
A large number of these Uranium mines were on the Diné reservation.
all these people were exposed to mixed DU(U238) and Uranium(U235

Naturally occurring uranium is 99.2745 percent uranium-238(DU), with uranium-235 (the energy producing isotope) making up about 0.720 percent, and uranium-234 filling in the remainder at less than 0.0055 percent.

From 1944 to 1986, 3.9 million tons of uranium ore were chiseled and blasted from the mountains and plains. The mines provided uranium for the Manhattan Project, the top-secret effort to develop an atomic bomb, and for the weapons stockpile built up during the arms race with the Soviet Union.

The uranium miners of the West, many of whom were Navajo, had their health compromised by the U.S. nuclear weapons program. According to epidemiologist David Michaels, the Atomic Energy Commission knew that miners on the Colorado Plateau received some of the highest doses of radon (a radioactive gas that comes from the natural breakdown of uranium in soil and rock) ever recorded.[16] Stewart Udall, former Secretary of the Interior, documented the complicity of the AEC and the U.S. Public Health Service in allowing thousands of miners to work in an environment so full of radon that a sizeable proportion of workers would eventually develop lung cancer. The AEC successfully opposed several court cases relating to this issue.
Over the decades, Navajos residing in the area inhaled radioactive dust from the waste piles, borne aloft by desert winds. They drank water contaminated from rain filled abandoned pit mines. They watered their herds, then butchered the animals and ate the meat.
For a people that historically had almost no cases, currently several types of cancer are in evidence at rates higher than the national average on the Four Corners Navajo Reservation. (Raloff, 2004) Especially high are the rates of reproductive-organ cancers in teenage Navajo girls, averaging seventeen times higher than the average of girls in the United States.
Navajo woman & child

It has been suspected that uranium mines, both active and abandoned, have released dust into the surrounding air and the water supply. Studies done on mice, exposing them to a soluble form of uranium similar to what might enter groundwater from the mines, showed heavy increases in estrogen levels which might explain the increased cancer levels among Navajo girls. The amount of uranium given to the mice was half the level permitted by the United States Environmental Protection Agency, and one-tenth the level found in some wells on the Navajo reservation.

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes the Diné have health problems from uranium they were exposed to but terrible mutations is not one of them.

There is no scientific reason that this DU should cause disorders or disease.
different from DU used in weapons.
If anything this Naturally occurring uranium should cause worse problems because it has uranium-235 in it in much higher levels

Its also everywhere, found in Antartica

yes not from DU rounds but because it is used as a tamper in h-bombs
its from atomic testing.
in this drawing its called the "uranium 238 case"
en.wikipedia.org...:W-88_warhead_detail.png

A more important early use was as the "tamping" material between the high explosives and plutonium core of implosion bombs, such as the first Fat Man bomb design used at Alamogordo, New Mexico; Nagasaki, Japan; and twice at Operation CROSSROADS. A large mass of U-238 acted both to hold the core together until it could fission more efficiently and to reflect neutrons back into the core for more fissions. The plutonium core of Fat Man was only the size of a grapefruit, but the U-238 tamper and explosive lens surrounding it increased the bomb diameter to five feet.

In addition, about 20 percent of the Fat Man TNT-equivalent explosive yield of twenty-one thousand tons was from fast-neutron fission of U-238, because large quantities of fast neutrons are produced in a fission explosion.

This capability of U-238 to fast fission led to its use in thermonuclear bombs to create more explosive yield. The reaction became fission of a small trigger fission bomb to create the heat and pressure for fusion of hydrogen-containing components, then fission of U-238 by fast neutrons produced in copious amounts by both the fission trigger and fusion reaction.

A negative aspect was production of large amounts of fission products in the fission-fusion-fission reaction from the large amount of DU employed to enhance total explosive yield significantly compared to the large fusion yield. This greatly increased fission product inventory was essentially the opposite of the "clean bomb" development intent.

Resultant heavy fallout from tests such as Shot Bravo, during 1954 in the Pacific, caused beta burns and overexposure of Japanese working on the "Lucky Dragon" fishing boat, Americans on Navy ships caught in the fallout, Marshall Islanders exposed on Rongelap Island, as well as American military personnel on Rongerik Island.

Besides nuclear bomb munitions, other military uses were found for DU. Armor-piercing shells made of DU or with DU claddings were developed as well as hardening of armor with DU cladding. Burn tests of DU munitions alone, as well as DU munitions in shipping containers, in lightly armored Bradley fighting vehicles, and turrets and hulls of Abrams tanks, were conducted at the Nevada Test Site to determine hazards. These uses were prevalent in the Gulf War, the cause of "friendly fire" deaths and injuries.

campdesertrock.blogspot.com...

[edit on 15-4-2010 by ANNED]

[edit on 15-4-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Depleted Uranium is a radioactive waste product that is utilized in the arms industry. Rumors are that the arms-ammunition industry is "Paid" to dispose of the radioactive waste and has for years been disposing of it by using it in the tips of many different types of munition's.

Israel has known this fact as long as most Americans and if only now they are realizing the folly of their ways, then all I can say is that this has been known for decades and Israel has known this fact for decades. To me this is the reason we have so many conflicts and are always looking to keep some war going so that the arms industry can make money while also disposing of the waste product they were paid handsomely to dispose of.

Any long periods of peace only contribute to waste products stacking up and as such, some conflict has to be on going to always keep the disposal of a waste product on a consistent and regular disposal schedule. You see, the arms industry has also turned into a radioactive waste disposal process and only by selling and using ammunition will the disposal portion be fulfilled.

What is now beginning to happen to Israelis has been happening to American veterans since the first Gulf War I. It has since been named Gulf War Syndrome. The sad part of this reality is that the family members, and those children being born to veterans are being affected by the exposure to depleted uranium in the combat environments where they are exposed to such munitions.

Anyway, this is the type of news that really isn't news. What should be pursued is the source of the depleted uranium and the fact that the arms industry gets paid to dispose of the depleted uranium in the ammunition that they produce for war and conflict. Even the ammunition sold to other nations is sold in this manner with depleted uranium because its more than just arms sales, its also waste disposal that the arms industry is pursuing with the cooperation of the federal government and the DOD.

This ability to spread such contamination is based on greed and dealing with a radioactive waste products that the generating sources pay to have the arms industry dispose of the waste. This is the real story that should be pursued. The contamination/medical crisis created because of the significant exposure to such depleted rounds is a medical embarrassment that is in my opinion are being used to ensure veterans die and to help with population control agendas in those countries where we use such ammunition because using it in those countries also helps to slow kill the population and affects their reproductive capabilities which is what the real goal of the use of depleted uranium munitions is intended to do.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

Shuttle Lifts Off With an Israeli Astronaut

Colonel Ramon's principal focus will be operating a twin-camera instrument from the Israeli Space Agency and Tel Aviv University that is to study dust storms and the effects of the particles they generate on climate. Readings from the payload bay instrument, operated by remote control, will follow dust or particles from North African storms as they spread over the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean.

Is it possible Colonel Ramon's study was designed to predict how the future use of DU weapons in the coming war against their Islamic neighbors would affect Israel from DU dust blown over Israel?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
I did the research. i KNOW many more people that were exposed to DU then you do. and i have talked to them.
One: Why do the people in New Mexico where they mined the DU not have these terrible mutations, I am talking about the Diné (Navajo)

Probably because these miners weren't using the DU in explosives on each other.

DU is used to add penetrating power to ordinance because it's a heavy weight. It becomes indirectly dangerous after you blow it up into dust that blows over continents. Ironically the Americans us DU for armor too (IE M1A1 Abrams has a DU coating, aka chobham), which is insane for anyone to imagine except for the designers who get the big paychecks.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Does that means a second Holocaust is going on, but this time it's inflicted by the politics of Israel and will go on for a couple of hundreds years...

...of course it will affect mostly all the industrial population/polluted world.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ive heard that jewish people need to get blood checks before having kids because they strictly dont have a tendency to breed outside of their own people genetic mutations have arisen over the centuries. Can anyone confirm this?

If so, along with this DU, that would mean that they will unbrred themselves out within a century?

problem solved....no more control of the media and Rockefellars.....like Karma coming to bite them back on the bum for using DU on the palestinians.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP

Must be anti-semitic Uranium.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by solarstorm]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Most definently, I believe Obama is not being strict enough on the Depleted Uraniums that are trying to kill innocent Israelies.

We should help Israel by forming a joint offensive and wile those depleted uraniums off the planet so Israel can live in peace.

Of course, this was foretold in the old testament.
hIzaiah 23:57 And lo my people did glow with an exceedingly bright glow.
58And the children of Israel did marry and bear children, and the children did glow at night.
The lord said, "I will make you an exceedingly bright people"

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'd be more than happy to help any Israeli girl have a baby and I would personally donate anything they needed
Have you seen some of the photos of the Israeli army girls?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

DU is used to add penetrating power to ordinance because it's a heavy weight. It becomes indirectly dangerous after you blow it up into dust that blows over continents. Ironically the Americans us DU for armor too (IE M1A1 Abrams has a DU coating, aka chobham), which is insane for anyone to imagine except for the designers who get the big paychecks.

But the miners do blow up the uranium ore and a lot of fine micron dust is created. Mining for uranium is a drill and blast operation
And this dust was in a closed in tunnel where the miners worked and not in the open air where it is rapidly diluted.

As for the DU in tank armor DU was added as protection from neutron radiation.
These M1 tanks were built for a european battles where neutron bombs would likely be used. these bombs would kill the operators of tanks without damaging the equipment.
So the designers added DU to protect the crews.
DU is a neutron shield and nothing else comes close.

Although their extreme blast and heat effects are not eliminated, the increased radiation released by ERWs is meant to be a major source of casualties, able to penetrate buildings and armored vehicles to kill personnel that would otherwise be protected from the explosion.

en.wikipedia.org...
its also a very effective shield for gamma radiation and x-rays
DU is about five times better as a gamma ray shield than lead, so a shield with the same effectively can be packed into a thinner layer.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

lol star for that

second line

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am sorry, but in original research nobody spoke about depleted uranium. Sperm count falls all over the globe and there is no DU munitions used in most of the planet.
Researcher herself suggests:

"I would suggest that a concentration of estrogen in the water is a cause of change, Haimov-Kokhman says, noting that hormones in the ground come from both human and animal waste that reach the aquifer via sewage. "The ground is full of estrogen that produces estrogen-saturated fruits, vegetables and plants."

www.haaretz.com...
And to me it sounds much more logical reason then DU-connected one made by unknown source.
Also, i find it very strange that current (actually from last century) demands about population growth reduction by political/scientific elites start to magically be manifested in reality, without any declared action.
I mean - population growth must be cut - and boom, sperm count drops almost in half in matter of decade. And contrary to all the doom and gloom mass-murder and concentration camp conspiracy theorists , this approach to population growth reduction is also a very possible one.
It even might be that doom and gloom mass-murder and ctr conspiracies were born in the same place as the real plan , as sort of a smoke screen.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
A declining fertility (=subfertility) is Nature´s defence
against its contamination by Man.

The standard for a normal sperm count has already been
halved 30 years aga in Europe from 120 to 60 million/ml.

The causes are a multitude of hormones, chemicals, toxins,
metals etc. in the environment stemming from manufacturing
processes and agricultural plant protection.

Lots of air-borne irradiating particles have been set free over
the last 60 years from Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Tchernobyl,
American, French, and other nations´nuclear tests.

All those pollutants enter and re-enter the body of all living
beings accumulating the toxicity, because some or most of
the toxins can only be biologically or atomically degraded
over many generations of Man.

The depleted uranium is only one of the many facets of
contamination.

The general intoxication will eventually also reach second-
and third-world countries stopping their profuse reproduction.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
low sperm count?
wow... so much for zionism!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

But the miners do blow up the uranium ore and a lot of fine micron dust is created. Mining for uranium is a drill and blast operation
And this dust was in a closed in tunnel where the miners worked and not in the open air where it is rapidly diluted.

As for the DU in tank armor DU was added as protection from neutron radiation.
These M1 tanks were built for a european battles where neutron bombs would likely be used. these bombs would kill the operators of tanks without damaging the equipment.
So the designers added DU to protect the crews.
DU is a neutron shield and nothing else comes close.

But the stuff that is being mined is uranium ore, not depleted uranium that is a by-product of nuclear energy.

As for the armor, it's a protective layering because uranium is a heavy element. You're probably right about it being an NBC layer, but it also serves as conventional protection too. But imagine it, everytime an Abrams takes a hit, it's dispersing DU into the environment; Everytime it shoots, it is dispersing DU into the environment. This is how much the American military industry cares about its soldiers or the environment.

top topics

join