It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When the Army Uses "Enhanced Interrogation" on an American Soldier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I had been covering veterans' issues for several years and thought I'd developed a thick skin. But the pain on the other end of the telephone line was difficult to stomach. Sergeant Chuck Luther, now back from Iraq, was describing his journey to hell and back. The worst part, he said, wasn't battling insurgents or even the mortar blast that tossed him to the ground and slammed his head against the concrete — it was the way he was treated by the U.S. Army when he went to the aid station and sought medical help.

In gruesome detail, Luther described what happened to him at Camp Taji's aid station. He thought he would receive medical care. Instead he was confined to an isolation chamber and held there for over a month, under enforced sleep deprivation, until he agreed to sign papers saying that he was ill before coming to Iraq and thus not eligible for disability and medical benefits. "They wanted me to say I had a 'personality disorder,'" Luther told me.

Luther's call did not come out of the blue. For two years I had been investigating this personality disorder scandal: how [color=GOLD]military doctors were purposely misdiagnosing soldiers, wounded in combat, as having this pre-existing mental illness. As in the civilian world, where people can be locked out of the insurance system if they have a pre-existing condition, soldiers whose wounds can be attributed to a pre-existing illness can be denied disability benefits and long-term medical care.

source

I really don't expect to get any responses on this subject but thought I would post it anyway. It's to bad the low level military can't see through this scam of a war. They are in a lose, lose situation because this is not a war of necessity, this is genocide and the military can't seem to see they are being targeted too by their own Country. After the military does the dirty work for the powers that be, they are tossed aside like damaged goods.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It was my understanding that before a solder is sent out into the battlefield, they are cleared of preexisting conditions. Must you be fit for duty including a sound mind and body?

new topics

join