It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Hp Pavilion 551W

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I need to find the audio drivers for an Hp pavilion 551W, I checked Hp's website, all they have is the modem drivers. I also tried Cmedia ac97 and SIS 961 Chipset drivers, neither worked. Any help would be appreciated.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Spidermonk

That should be Realtec AC97 according to your specs.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

The link just keeps sending me in circles, I tried another set of realtek codecs and it doesn't seemed to have worked, I'll try some other versions just in case.

Got one version of the codecs to work, it was realtek, thanks for the help.

[edit on 8/3/06 by Spidermonk]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spidermonk
I need to find the audio drivers for an Hp pavilion 551W, I checked Hp's website, all they have is the modem drivers. I also tried Cmedia ac97 and SIS 961 Chipset drivers, neither worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is what you need, download here:
Windows Drivers Package You will need a torrent downloader, and you have to burn a CD as an image file, and not a data file. I have these on CD, and use them all the time. Having a giant set of drivers will help anyone who has to re-install on a Windows PC. This is a totally safe file.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I'm not sure I'd want such a big download for an itty bitty driver, but each to their own I suppose, guess I'm used to having a reliable internet connection and google! - Maybe 100,000 drivers on a disk is a good idea for some... Maybe for all those 'when TSHTF' types - I noticed that one only goes up to windows vista though, I use 7 and usually one sort of Linux.

It's a good reminder though, I'll be going through all my system disks later and putting my personal driver sets into a convenient folder - maybe email it to my self as well as putting it to disk.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It looks like that machine uses a SiS7012 chipset for audio:
www.softwaretipsandtricks.com...

Try these audio drivers:
SiS7012 Audio Driver

top topics

join