It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the biblical god, 1000 years equals 1 day?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
God is everything there is and everything there ever will be. The Alpha and the Omega, A to Z... God is the universe and everything in it. All of everything added up to One.

The quote from the Bible is exactly like saying one year to the universe itself, and the planets, and stars, etc. is like 1 billion years to humans. The human existence is a blink of an eye to the universe...

God is timeless. Will always exist, and can never be destroyed.

I dare someone to try to destroy the entire universe.... it wont happen.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I am rather fond of the Ancient Aliens concept, myself. So if this Yaweh thing was travelling at or above the speed of light, then time would behave quite differantly for it than for the shlups here in this planet. I can't imagine trying to explain relativity to a shephard in the stone age, but I imagine it would be something like they try to do in the bible.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
I am rather fond of the Ancient Aliens concept, myself. So if this Yaweh thing was travelling at or above the speed of light, then time would behave quite differantly for it than for the shlups here in this planet. I can't imagine trying to explain relativity to a shephard in the stone age, but I imagine it would be something like they try to do in the bible.

I would hope that if the is god is omnipotent, and omniscient, that it would be capable of communicating with us clearly so that we understand, and not be confusing and vague.

When he told Adam and Eve that they would die the day that they ate the fruit, surely he meant exactly what he said. And when they ate the fruit, they did not die. And god didn't say, "oh, well um....to me 1 day is like a 1000 years to you." Adam, Eve, and the serpent all took it to mean a physical death, not a spiritual death. Surely this god would make it clear that he was talking about a physical death, not a spritiual death.

If he WAS talking about a spiritual death, then sin didn't bring physical death to the world, and so Adam and Eve weren't created immortal and would have died whether or not they ate the fruit.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by Hydroman]

<< 1   >>

join