It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: Our Defense System Is WAY Too Dependent On China For Resources

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

It's Official: Our Defense System Is WAY Too Dependent On China For Resources Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

www.businessinsider.com

The Government Accounting Office (GAO) has put out a report detailing just how reliant the U.S. military is on foreign sources of rare earth metals. Most shocking: our reliance on China for those imports

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I am guessing that this news will come as no surprise to to many of us here at ATS , but its still nice to see this mentioned in the MSM . I can't help but wonder if other news agencies will pick up on this and " make it an issue " . If I were a betting man I would say no , but we shall see .

I would also venture to guess that the U.S military also relies very heavily on the imports of various components to meet there defensive needs , but I am guessing that type of news could be covered by the term " national security " ?

I just hope that this coming forth of news prompts the government to start taking a serious look at just who they depend on for vital components and all needed security material in general .

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Max_TO]

join