It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Hypothetical Idea. Concerning PI 's last redundancy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This may be entirely hypothetical.

I'm not claiming to know the last redundancy of PI, the ratio of the circumference of any circle to its diameter.

It is fair to assume, and consistent with our current understanding, that there are portions of the mind which is logically based and seeks to be compliant with the facts.

It is not an unorthodox concept to consider as plausible that there are portions of the subconscious calculating and busy doing what it does.

So, the hypothetical scenario is this:

How do you think the logical portions of the subconscious mind(s) would feel(emotional?) if they were to discover that the last reduntancy of PI were to be 8 Prime numbers?

8 Primes discovered by Primates / Prime 8s

Again, hypothetical, But would you think it to be ironic, or funny, or afraid to share with the other portions of the mind...

Would this cause the logical portion of the mind to "feel" some emotion?

I appreciate opinions on this, and participating, sharing.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
You have an interesting question concerning the logic sectors of the brain. I have often wondered if there are patterns that our brains can recognize that our senses have no purpose for. In relation to the question, wouldn't it be incredible if something so simple could trigger a "release" in our brains causing some neo-mystical experience?

Thanks for the thought!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I think there is no last digit in Pi.

It is endless, just like the circle itself.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
According to internet references this formula was discovered in 1995.

Pi = SUMk=0 to infinity 16-k [ 4/(8k+1) - 2/(8k+4) - 1/(8k+5) - 1/(8k+6) ]

Long John Silvers parrot named Captain Flint was famous for squawking
"Pieces of eight! Pieces of eight! Pieces of eight!"

Could there be a conspiracy here? Was pi accurately calculated much earlier and used by someone else at some rare point in history?

new topics

top topics

join