It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speak Free With Freedom Of Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Bare with me. For this will turn out to be a most excellent truth-kicking topic ever in the history of ATS.

Speak Free With Freedom Of Speech. Do you do it? Is that all you do? Or, is freedom of speech a ploy to keep action off to the side line? What I think should go into a real constitution, not the current one, is Freedom Of Action. The right to Free Action. What say you all to this? Do any of you have a problem with freedom of action ever becoming a very real constitutional right? Why?

With Freedom Of Action you should be enabled and equiped to accomplish whatever you put your mind to in America, even without money.

Freedom of Speech doesn't come with any equiping to make sure it is accomplished. Nope, you need money to equip yourself with something so that you may exercize free speech. Am I lying? Heck no! The problem with this country is that you need money to exercize rights. Again, am I lying? Am I ever lying?

Rights are held in bondage by way of that you need money to basically exercize them. Hey, why do I need money to exercize my right to bare arms? We know it takes money to buy the firearm of choice, but it shouldn't cost anything if the forefathers intended us our right fortified. I hereby am here to tell you that rights are a gimmick. Go look into the word gimmick. No, really!

gimmick-
1.an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, esp. one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.
2.a concealed, usually devious aspect or feature of something, as a plan or deal: An offer that good must have a gimmick in it somewhere.

Does that sound about correct? Tell me, do you see? Are you awake to see that rights are gimmicks so as long as it takes money to exercize them?

Take any message board discussion forum or ATS for example... it takes money to launch a message board discussion forum that goes into a liked direction of free speech that you say flies. Face it, rights are a pathetic gimmick. It's time we get some real rights... Rights that are made fortified against being gimmicks... Rights that are certain to when a constitution reads you have the right to bare arms, you are given whatever means it takes to get a FREE firearm in your possession or under your ownership. We need genuine rights, not jokes for rights.

We need a: "No right a gimmick anymore" type of law. So, what say you the people? This country is in the least bit half-butted with the fact that it (via the courts) provide you with a lawyer free of charge if you can't afford a lawyer. So if they are going to do that half-butted, still gimmick B.S., then where is my appointed gun free of charge??? Hey, I may believe I need a gun for self-defense. But most importantly, I may want to exercize my right to bare arms. It shouldnt take money inorder to exercize my right to get to bare arms. Anyone see what I'm saying? The country called the United States of America is not fa-fa-fa foolin' me. I like that song by Def Leppard. About to play it in a moment to myself.

So America, WAKE THE HECK UP! We really honest to God need that NO RIGHT A GIMMICK ANYMORE law put in stone. Alternative America is already awoken.

And hey, federal government and Michigan state government, I want me a court appointed firearm. Work on it!

You the people should demand no-gimmick rights.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I think you have perhaps made the best argument ever as to why the right to bear arms should not be given to everyone.

oh, and incidently...who do you reckon will make the guns if they suddenly become free? And, does this just limit it to being handed a gun upon becoming a citizen of a certain age, or can I...say...if I want to have Beyonce, I should be able to simply take her...or if I want someones porche, I can simply take it.

Reading your stuff makes me feel really sane. Thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I think you have perhaps made the best argument ever as to why the right to bear arms should not be given to everyone.

oh, and incidently...who do you reckon will make the guns if they suddenly become free? And, does this just limit it to being handed a gun upon becoming a citizen of a certain age, or can I...say...if I want to have Beyonce, I should be able to simply take her...or if I want someones porche, I can simply take it.

Reading your stuff makes me feel really sane. Thanks for that.

This thread isnt about who can and who can't bare arms. The government can pay makers of guns for us to be given a no-gimmick right to bare arms. The government is already a middle man when it comes to who can and who can't bare arms under the gimmick right.

So basically my thread is not concerned with background checks as I'm sure that would still be going on even under a no-gimmick rights constitution.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

Sooo...the government should buy everyone a gun.

And how do you suggest we pay for that? What if you dont want a gun, can you skip paying the tax that would equal a firearm cost to begin with (considering feds get milked when buying product...that 200$ gun just became a $4,000 gun.)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

So, you're saying that the government should spend like 100s of billions of dollars on guns and ammo? Isn't it enough that we already do that to maintain an actual army?

Couldn't that money be spent on things much more advantageous to the population. A large percentage of people can't afford food and shelter, yet you say spend billions on guns? Why?

Also, do you really want the people poisoning you with 'radioactive dust' to be armed to the teeth??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Come on, are you trying to hasten the rapture or something?

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

And how do you suggest we pay for that? What if you dont want a gun, can you skip paying the tax that would equal a firearm cost to begin with (considering feds get milked when buying product...that 200$ gun just became a $4,000 gun.)

Well, since it's a right if you want to exercize it, and not all Americans want guns, the money to pay for it should be made by taxes on marijuana after it is legalized. But before it's legalized it should be paid for via of state sales tax.

Ha. It can be a smooth operation either way.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tormentations

Well, since it's a right if you want to exercize it, and not all Americans want guns, the money to pay for it should be made by taxes on marijuana after it is legalized. But before it's legalized it should be paid for via of state sales tax.

Ha. It can be a smooth operation either way.

You have the right to bear arms. That is different from mandatory possession. You can refuse the court appointed lawyer, if you so choose. I have the right to buy a mansion, does that mean one should be provided for me? A gun is not a necessity, not by a long-shot. You have the right to free speech, you can still keep your mouth shut (especially if you don't have anything worthwhile to express other than nonsensical ramblings). Do you get my point?

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I have the right to have sex...

and the government is continously screwing me........

he may be onto something here.

top topics

join