It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Croatian teenager wakes up from a coma speaking fluent GERMAN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Croatian doctors are baffled after a teenage girl who fell into a mysterious coma woke up speaking fluent German.

Nurse Marika Lenovic, 28, said: 'The case has attracted a lot of interest, not just among the media but also among medical professionals.'

The girl is still being cared for at the hospital and is receiving regular visits from her family although there has reportedly been a large degree of frustration at the fact that they can no longer communicate with each other.

Hospital staff have even had to use an interpreter to translate the teenager's words to her family although apparently when they speak to her in Croatian she does understand - but she cannot respond in anything other than German.

Psychiatric expert dr Mijo Milas who has been involved in the case said: 'In earlier times this would have been referred to as a miracle, we prefer to think that there must be a logical explanation - its just that we haven't found it yet.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

These cases are always of interest, aren't they ?

'There are references to cases where people who have been seriously ill and perhaps in a coma have woken up being able to speak other languages - sometimes even the Biblical languages such as that spoken in old Babylon or Egypt - at the moment though any speculation would remain just that - speculation - so it's better to continue tests until we actually know something.'

The teenager was only in the coma for 24 hours, and it's thought it may have been prompted by extremely high body temperature.

The article explains that the girl had been studying German, prior to the coma. So that language wasn't unknown to her

Interesting aspect lies in the report that since emerging from the coma, she's unable to respond to her parents in her natural language and can only reply in German

Coma was of short duration. Only 24 hours, according the article

Theories ?

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I have to ask, really, did you not see the big thread about this before posting this one? Did you not, really? How does this happen, to me this is a big conspiracy.
Vance

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
jung's collective conscience is the first thing that came to my mind.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
She's a walk-in. The girl who was in a coma decided to leave her body and go onto the afterlife and gave permission to another spirit to enter her old body, who was likely German.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn
She's a walk-in. The girl who was in a coma decided to leave her body and go onto the afterlife and gave permission to another spirit to enter her old body, who was likely German.

Volunteered or forced, we won't know. But surely a walk-in.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

Can't agree with you more

Here it is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

If you believe in the immortality of the spirit, a walk-in is only one possible explanation. I know of several people who have, for some reason or other, been able to recall at least one past life. That can include a different language. Whatever triggered the coma could have also dissolved the barriers that usually exist between one's lifetimes, with this result. There are other possible explanations, I am sure.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

She saw last week's episode of LOST.

And copied it.

Exact same thing happened.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
reply to post by Dock9

She saw last week's episode of LOST.

And copied it.

Exact same thing happened.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Mr Mask]

Dammit, I was gonna say this.

On the show, the effect was equated with an instance of Aphasia; a character who spoke Korean but had learned English was hit on the head, and awoke from unconsciousness with the inability to speak English. She could understand it, and could write in English, but could not communicate verbally except in her native language.

Not sure how similar to reality this fictional instance was, but if aphasia actually works like that, perhaps that's what has happened to this girl.

EDIT: Dieser Abend, meine Fraulein geschleudert eine schwere Schale auf meine Kopf, und ich kann sprecht nur Deutsch jetzt ebenso. Leider, meine Deutsch ist sehr schlecht. Das ist schrecklich.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by vance

Just came home, checked this thread and my reply is:

Really ... no ... I did not

Because, really, had I done so, I would not have initiated this thread, would I ?

Hope your misplaced anger has discovered a new target ... really ... I really do

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xynephadyn

You beat me to it. My thoughts, exactly.

top topics

join