It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese submarines and destroyers spotted in high seas near Okinawa, Japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

TOKYO, April 13 (AP) - (Kyodo)—Two Chinese submarines and seven or eight destroyers were spotted by Japanese authorities on Saturday in the high seas between the main island of Okinawa and Miyako Island in the southernmost prefecture, Defense Minister Toshimi Kitazawa said Tuesday.

The defense chief said the Chinese submarines and destroyers were navigating southward, adding that Tokyo has never before confirmed such a large number of Chinese vessels near Japan.

"We will investigate whether (China) has any intention against our nation" by dispatching the vessels, Kitazawa said.

www.breitbart.com...

Hmm, don't know what to make of this yet... Just exercises? Why would they be so close?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Maybe this is a show of force after the agreement to sell a huge amount of weaponry to Taiwan???

en.ce.cn...

US' $6.4b deal with Taiwan puts at risk cooperation with Washington

In its toughest response in three decades to US arms sales to Taiwan, Beijing announced over the weekend that it would curtail military exchanges with Washington, and sanction US companies involved, and warned of severe harm to bilateral ties.

Though overall relations between the two world powers are unlikely to collapse over the single issue, Chinese experts said, their cooperation on key international matters such as those related to Iran, Afghanistan and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) could be severely impacted.

The Obama administration notified Congress on Friday of its proposed arms deal to Taiwan, a $6.4 billion package.

The sale includes 60 UH-60M Black Hawk helicopters, 114 Patriot "Advanced Capability-3" anti-missile systems, and command-and-control enhancement. The US also will supply 12 advanced Harpoon missiles, plus two mine-hunting ships.

The package, however, did not include F-16 fighter jets, a deal many believe could have seriously roiled US-China relations.

Interesting that they were headed SOUTH, which implies that they were further north... and thus closer to Japan...Hmm

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
still
another chess piece moved in the WW3
prelude to Armageddon.

King Knight to King 2

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well, this is starting to pop up around the net, and here is the article from Japan Today

I haven't been able to locate anything in Chinese newspapers yet though, which I find curious. If anyone finds anything, please post. It was suggested in one post I saw on this that China is just testing its "new fleet".

I might also point out that:

'China agrees to new Iran nuclear sanctions'

www.haaretz.com...

China shares U.S. concerns about Iran's nuclear program and agreed to direct its officials to work on a UN sanctions resolution against Tehran, a U.S. official said after talks between U.S. President Barack Obama and Chinese President Hu Jintao.

Jeffrey Bader, Obama's top China adviser, said Obama and Hu, meeting on the sidelines of a nuclear security summit, talked at length about Iran and discussed nuclear non-proliferation.

Obama stressed to Hu the need to act urgently against Iran's nuclear program, and Hu agreed that Beijing would help craft a UN resolution, Bader said.

So my question here is if China agreed to sanction Iran, then what behind the curtain deals may the US and China have struck on the Taiwan arms deal? Why will I not be surprised to see the Taiwan arms deal fail or falter in the upcoming months?

[edit on Mon Apr 12th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
still
another chess piece moved in the WW3
prelude to Armageddon.

King Knight to King 2

you sunk my battleship... oh wait what... we're playing chess?

Its just a tactical military maneuver to test another country's response is what I am thinking. I guess China thinks they are all big and bad now and can start playing the US and Russia's game.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Tic, Tic, Tic. Does anyone else hear a clock? Not IF but WHEN.

The brinkmanship just got a little more heavy handed.

Nice to know I am not the only one who thinks China is up to no good.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
www.asahi.com...
Japan 'unpredictable' as U.S. deals with China

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
www.asahi.com...
Japan 'unpredictable' as U.S. deals with China

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
This is just crazy! Ontop of the plane crash of Poland's elite- ontop of all of the Nuclear Attack articles- everywhere on the net as of recently-- this is really starting to creep me out!

My world history professor in College 10 years ago said to us-- "China will be the one to start WW3. We have to Worry about China." And after watching the Olypmics a few years ago with thier whole drums/warrior opening of 10k men- I have to agree. They are getting ready for something big, they dont want to sit in Nato with their tail inbetween their legs- they want Power. Theyre just waiting for the right time to strike.

top topics

join