It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ladies night gone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Some guy in new jersey is bringing up a law suit against a bar for sexual discrimination because he had to pay 5 bucks to get into a bar on ladies night. I thought it was a joke but now the state is taking it seriously and may ban ladies night in new jersey. I dont live there but I think this is a case of "unemployed man needs money". Man, this just proves that there are too many lawyers around today.

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by thebeagle]

[Edited on 4-6-2004 by thebeagle]

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Recalled...

[Edited on 29-6-2004 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I dont live there but I think this is a case of "unemployed man needs money". Man, this just proves that there are too many lawyers around today

Part 1, that, or hes gay

Part 2, no, that proves that there are to many people using lawyers today

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It was shot down. Ladies night stays.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040618/ap_on_fe_st/ladies_night

If I may venture a guess on how this came about. The fellow probably got his panties in a bunch when the ladies at the bar didn't want to hear him whine about paying a cover charge.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Ehhh, there's a simple way out of this; make a men's night as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Hell yeah!! Finally an attempt at REAL equal rights. Make a mens night (not the gay kind), or get rid of ladies night.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I agree in the sense that 'ladies nights' are sexist and all... but they're good coz how often are you going to find a bar full of half drunk ladies and not too many men?...

Ladies nights work in our favour men! Dont protest against i!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
Hell yeah!! Finally an attempt at REAL equal rights. Make a mens night (not the gay kind), or get rid of ladies night.

Uh, you guys do realize why there is a ladies night, don't you?

If bars had "men's night" they would wind up with a bunch of guys, and no women. As a result, many of the guys would stop going (even if the beers were free), and the bars would start to lose money.
I realize that not ALL guys go to the bar hoping to meet a girl, but a good majority of them do. Even if they are not looking to hook-up, how many men would want to go to a bar where you are surrounded by a bunch of other guys, with no women to improve the view?
Women are far more likely to go to a place where their drinks are cheaper, and guys tend to go to the places they know women will be.
The same rule wouldn't work with reversed gender roles, because women still prefer to be pursued. We don't want to be the ones who have to go out looking for guys. That would be contrary to our nature. Bar owners know this and take advantage of it.

When the parts we play are reversed, and men can get laid anytime, anywhere, but women can't, then men's night will take the place of ladies night in the bars of the world. Until then, I think you'll just have to "grin and bear it".

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by specialasianX
I agree in the sense that 'ladies nights' are sexist and all... but they're good coz how often are you going to find a bar full of half drunk ladies and not too many men?...

I recall my above statement...EVERY NIGHT SHOULD BE LADIES NIGHT!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

I recall my above statement...EVERY NIGHT SHOULD BE LADIES NIGHT!!!

Right...then we can start having "Men's Bars" and then "Black People Bars" and then "Non-White People Bars" and then "White Bars" and then "Christian Bars" and who knows where the hell that idea could end up?

[Edited on 29-6-2004 by iceofspades]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's always Men's Night. The men are always there. Businesses don't do things to attract the people who are already there. They do things to attract more of the same (Wet T-Shirt Contests) or to attract others who will attract more of the same (Ladies' Night). Gotta walk the talk to get change. If you are against Ladies' Night, then either don't go to the bar on those nights or stand outside and protest as the women walk by to go in and get drunk without you! *L*

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

if there was no ladies night, think about procreation, and the birth rate would decrease because the half drunken ladies that made "the mistake" dont get drunk and shoot down the guyz, even the biggest whores out there. Also, when else do guys have a chance to rope, err umm, erm, i mean meet these chicks

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My town has a sort of Men's night out. It's called the Hawaiian Tropic Contest with girls strutting their stuff in bikinis in the spotlight. They also have a ladies night here as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
We have a club here (ok, country bar) that has Ladies Night. If you go on ladies night, it ends up to be mostly men, hopping to score.

There is even a gas station close by with Ladies Day. The Ladies get 5 cents a gallon off. Pathetic.

Ladies Night - stay or go, its all the same to me. I don't care.

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Don't stress people, every night is ladies night at Intrepid's House of Shame.

join