It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio Art Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
"If all you could use was the tone of your voice to speak, you could still say a lot"

This is a song I recently made in attempt bring music to life (literally).
So..
If sounds were a living entity, what would they say?

you must picture melodies on separate rhythm paths. Each path is like one conversation in a room with a group of people talking. Sometimes the paths cross or switch conversations, sometimes melodies just jump in one. Each conversation can be different, similar or relative.

I like to think they are helplessly dancing
but you can use your imagination.... (:
You are the one eavesdropping on the group of sounds.

you may hear sadness, frustration, concern, laughter, banter, relief, curiosity, even pity. You may hear more than one and become confused.

Much like in a group of people talking, in order to understand any part, you have to pick where to listen, and embrace the disarray of everything else going on around.

juveous.bandcamp.com...

This is not a promotion for my song, this is for feedback and discussion.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Something to add to really back up why I chose to make the song the way I did, is the phenomenon of tonality and how depending on scales, chords, and progressions you can depict certain moods. I believe it is only known in humans.

Mixing moods in a song implied multiple yet independent moods flowing.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by juveous]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I would have to agree. That is the main purpose of music (with the exception of modern day, over-synthesised pop music); to invoke feelings and emotions. So if they were able to be brought to life, they would simply say exactly what they were feeling, no hidden agenda. Which is a whole lot more than humans today.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm starting to look more into classical music's perspectives, because they were really connecting music with every feeling in our lives and they had to have known about an essential part of music's connection to the human spirit or mind. There is so many techniques they used that aren't even thought of today and it shows a path of mainstream heading more and more narrow as far "uniqueness" you basically could narrow the mass majority of songs today as a song being heard the whole way through with the same tempo or scale or feel and then ending.

The past Classical music almost had no rules, and artist were experimenting with the capabilities in song as far as how to make music and not follow any rules of song other than a song must having a start and an ending.

top topics

join