It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Apollo 11 press conference after the trip to the moon that always surprised me.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
isn't the the mission that alledgedly located structures on the moon? in the video are alien entities of types that i recognize and have dealings with. word is that the astronauts had a close encounter and were invited to leave.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Ok so they`re smiling and happy right after the mission- CASE CLOSED. Right? But wait... maybe, just MAYBE, they were really happy because that was BEFORE the press conference, BEFORE the debriefing, and BEFORE they were kindly reminded of the contracts they signed that, in essence, would not allow them to share ALL the details of the mission but only those approved by NASA. Heck for all I know they were releasing a steady stream of laughing gas into that quarantine tank. But it`s certainly plausable that they were happy "just" for landing on the moon. It`s also possible that they were overjoyed because they looked forward to sharing something even more amazing. I just keep thinking of the diary of admiral byrd and that maybe our astronauts may have had a similar experience. But then it could just be wishful thinking. I guess we may never know, but one thing`s been made clear for sure: Are pictures of astronauts smiling in the quarantine tank a viable way to debunk this theory? I THINK NOT!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Phage earned several St*rs!

Saint Exupery earned a St*r and deserves to be Applauded!

Personal Disclosure: I note that if I was to cheery pick and take Neil Armstrong out off context that I can come up with...

"They were asked by their country to do the impossible"

To do the IMPOSSIBLE???
Isn't he a technical kind of bloke with scientific qualifications ect???
Being such an expert surely he knows what is impossible and what isn't! And so either he is lying to the students [personally I see it as dramatic licence] or in conjunction with his " There are great ideas undiscovered, breakthroughs available to those who can remove one of the truth's protective layers." statement, he is showing us that he lied to all of us! [I'm joking ok.. I know I butchered what he actually said!]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Absolutely correct.
Same feeling abot that press conference!
S&F.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saint Exupery
I find it interesting that conspiretards

Being a Saint and starting with calling names?

like to cherry-pick from a press conference after the guys have spent 3 weeks in quarantine, but never want to show us images from right after they returned from the mission:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c3a2e0079be.jpg[/atsimg] Exupery]

That’s not true, I saw those of course, but I choose the other pictures to show the contrast from these men before and after the trip to the moon.
I assumed that the physical and psychological strain before, is perhaps even higher then after they had safely landed on Earth.

So, the pictures you posted proofs me even more that there was something else going on, something that wasn’t pleasant for those guys.

But can you show me to compare, pictures of astronauts of those earlier or later Apollo flights in which you can see the same kind of expressions and behavior as one can clearly see by Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins at that press conference because I could not find them.

Not even from the astronauts of Apollo 13.

Because didn’t they not all had to face physical and psychological strain and stress & excitement during their trip in space?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

That’s not true, I saw those of course, but I choose the other pictures to show the contrast from these men before and after the trip to the moon. I assumed that the physical and psychological strain before, is perhaps even higher then after they had safely landed on Earth. So, the pictures you posted proofs me even more that there was something else going on, something that wasn’t pleasant for those guys.

So you set out to find images of the guys looking tense and serious? You then ignored the ones that showed them cheerful? Then you launch a thread claiming 'surprise?' Spacevisitor...that's intellectual dishonesty and I'm not sure it's very intellectual

But can you show me to compare, pictures of astronauts of those earlier or later Apollo flights in which you can see the same kind of expressions and behavior as one can clearly see by Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins at that press conference because I could not find them.

Why should anyone bother? You're mind's made up and you're prepared to ignore the evidence...you said so up there. You've often presented a good case for your ideas...this sort of thing only discredits you. I've a good mind to ring your momma...what would she think? Tsk tsk

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Spacevisitor...that's intellectual dishonesty and I'm not sure it's very intellectual

Is there some sort of calling name virus here at ATS or perhaps a discrediting virus, because you are the such-and-such person here that comes with remarks like these to my address?

Do you find that intellectual behavior or do you do that because it is so easy to do such nasty things.

You're mind's made up and you're prepared to ignore the evidence

Which evidence do you mean?

...you said so up there. You've often presented a good case for your ideas...this sort of thing only discredits you.
I've a good mind to ring your momma...what would she think? Tsk tsk

What, can you not make up your own mind then?

If you need to ring your momma first to make up your mind, I really feel sorry for you.

[edit on 10/4/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Please stick to the topic. Discussing one another is only taking away from the thread and everyone else who is participating in this thread likely doesn't want to see two members squabble back and forth. If you have an issue, submit a complaint and the staff will review it.

Otherwise, stick to the topic.

The Apollo 11 press conference after the trip to the moon that always surprised me.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

The physical and psychological strain of a Moon mission is bound to tell. Expecting these guys to come back with the energy to put on a show is bordering on ridiculous. 8 days of stress & excitement and they look tired...

They were in quarantine for 18 days how tired and stressed could they of been? I mean really? They all seem able to laugh and make jokes fairly well when questioned about being hero's and what not. I would have to say neg on the stress. Just my thoughts...

Peace

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand
They were in quarantine for 18 days how tired and stressed could they of been? I mean really? They all seem able to laugh and make jokes fairly well when questioned about being hero's and what not. I would have to say neg on the stress. Just my thoughts...

Peace

Thanks for sharing your thoughts here letthereaderunderstand.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
well done OP.

it is known that all 3 men were
("hypnotised "to help them better recount their time on the moon")

yeah i bet.

more like spent 3 weeks having their heads filled with bs,
(and emptied of certain valuables).

(though later, Mitchell attempted to hire his own hypnotist, to see if there was anything he was "missing".... and funny enough.... when asked to recount his actually feelings while on the lunar surface.. under hypnosis, his only response was something like,
"thats not important, lets move on")

if anyone knows anything about actual hypnosis....
blocks can be put in place to stop one from recounting specific details under hypnosis,
a phrase like, " thats not important, ... lets move on"...
is frequently used for such.

Yeah, they were stressed....

Stressed about being astronauts,
being forced to be actors.

s&f

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Yeah yeah yeah. Then USA colluded with their mortal enemies the Soviets to remain quiet while NASA faked putting another few guys on the moon for the next 40 odd months.

We're always denying the Apollo 11 mission on ATS. Someone should start a thread that denies the subsequent missions and explains why Soviet Russia, even now, remain silent.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jra

Yes I do believe so.

Having spent 8 days travelling to the Moon and back in a small cramped spaceship, which I'm sure was fun, but also exhausting. Then after arriving back home, only to spend the next 3 weeks in quarantine. I wouldn't be in the most jovial mood after all that either.

I would want to be on the beach looking at the big blue sky!! Well said!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Ahmose

Yeah yeah yeah. Then USA colluded with their mortal enemies the Soviets to remain quiet while NASA faked putting another few guys on the moon for the next 40 odd months.

We're always denying the Apollo 11 mission on ATS. Someone should start a thread that denies the subsequent missions and explains why Soviet Russia, even now, remain silent.

Im not denying it.
Im pretty sure they did go to the moon. lol

and i dont disagree.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
So, astronauts who look serious instead of giddy at a formal press conference is suspicious, and pictures that show them celebrating might be due to hypnosis and/or laughing gas.

Interesting.

You all do realize that if you ignore context and evidence and simply make up motivations for any astronaut expression at any time, then you completely invalidate the argument that astronaut expressions have any meaning at all vis-a-vis what they may or may not have done.

Thread over.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Thread over.

That’s not up to you, so don’t try to act here as a moderator.

But regarding the earlier mentioning of that that quarantine period could have been responsible for the behavior of those astronauts’s during that Apollo 11 post flight press conference I did some research and find this.

There were as it seems a number of happenings experienced by the astronauts that could explain no doubt a part of their behavior.

It’s impossible to conclude if those were the only reasons for that but I take them nevertheless all very serious.

Therefore I find it important and proper to post it.

Here it is.

Apollo 11 Moon landing: astronauts were neglected by Nasa
The Apollo 11 astronauts were not given the support needed to readjust to life on Earth after returning from the first manned voyage to the Moon, Nasa has admitted.

The agency exhaustively screened Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins for emotional stability before clearing them for the Apollo 11 flight, but did not continue to monitor them after they returned, according to a report in Time magazine.

Dr. J D Polk, NASA's current chief of medical operations, told Time that the three men and their families should have been offered psychological help after the mission ended on July 24 1969.

"I'm not sure of what we did then, but it's nothing like what we do now," he said. "We do much more to lend assistance to astronauts and their families."

Lawrence Palinkas, a professor of anthropology at the University of Southern California, said Nasa did its astronauts a disservice in failing to offer them any help readjusting to life on Earth.

"What can make it hard for people like this is that they're so highly motivated and they wait so long for a mission," Prof. Palinkas told Time. "There can be a deep sense of loss once the goals have been accomplished, and there may be no adequate substitute."

Buzz Aldrin, the second man to step from the Eagle landing module and onto the lunar surface on July 20 1969, was the first to show the psychological strain of space travel after the astronauts returned.

His mother, born Marion Moon, had killed herself shortly before Apollo 11 was launched because she could not cope with the pressure of her son’s fame.

Aldrin began to drink heavily in the three-week quarantine the astronauts underwent to screen them for lunar pathogens when they returned from the Moon, according to Time. This began a cycle of severe depression and alcoholism that haunted him for nine years.

His second marriage of 21 years broke down soon after his return and he was remarried and divorced again within two years.

"The transition from 'astronaut preparing to accomplish the next big thing' to 'astronaut telling about the last big thing' did not come easily to me," he wrote in his new book, Magnificent Desolation. “What does a man do for an encore?"

Other former-astronauts have also spoken of their struggle to readjust after returning from the Moon.

Dave Scott, commander of Apollo 15, said: "I remember coming back to Houston after the Moon, and my neighbours had a barbecue for me. I thought, 'What am I doing here?'”

Ken Mattingly, command module pilot of Apollo 15, told Time: "People in wars have the same experience.

They're in one world with one set of rules, and they step off an aeroplane and they're in another."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

[edit on 11/4/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Touché & bravo, SV!
Excellent find.

I'm actually reading Aldrin's "Magnificent Desolation" now, but I haven't gotten to his first flight, yet. He also published a memoir in the late '70s called "Return to Earth", which was all about his breakdown & recovery.

Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Ahmose

Someone should start a thread that denies the subsequent missions and explains why Soviet Russia, even now, remain silent.

Can you think of any reasons why the USSR/Russia would not cry Hoax if indeed that is what the Apollo missions really were?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join