It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a dream of the Fenrir

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
(This was during the night to Wednesday, 7/4 2010)

I saw a wolf in a cave entrance, laying on his back.
Arms and legs outstreached.
Each paw was tied in chains that went into the mountain.
He was in pain and anger.

Another wolf walked past, near to the first one.
This was a female wolf.
As she trodded by, the male wolf started twisting and turning, as in desperation, trying to get loose.

In this vision, that I saw in first person, a man came up and stood next to me.
I've never seen this man before, but I knew he was a geologist.
He looked at the wolf and said;

"This might very well be the reason why there has been so many earthquakes lately"

I then understood that the wolf was the mighty Fenrir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

However, there are some inconsistencies in this dream.

The wolf could have been the Fenrir, but the legend says that he was tied around his neck only with the chain "Gleipnir".
This chain was secured by it being tied on the other side of Midgaard (the Middle Earth).
As the chain snaps; doomsday is upon mankind.

What carries more resemblance with the "chain to each paw" is the grim fate of Lokí, demigod of malevolence, mischief and cunning ruse.
As a punishment for killing the God of grace and purity; "Balder", he was put in a cave and tied from each arm and leg with the intestines from two of his sons and with a venomous snake hung above him, dripping its searing poison onto his face.
His wife, "Sygin", holds a cup to collect the droplets from the serpent, but every once in a while she needs to empty it and as she does that, Lokí will convulse in agony, violently shaking the ground, causing earthquakes.

Still, I may very well have seen both Lokí and the Fenrir because the Fenrir is one of Lokí's offsprings (he had numerous others, all of them being evil demons or monsters that haunt the old mythological Norse domain.
The other, female wolf, might have been Sygin.

As I woke up, I had an uneasy feeling that the days of Rangarók might very well be upon us...

Read more:
Rangarók
Lokí and Sigyn
Fenrir

[edit on 9-4-2010 by Raud]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
from www.inoutstar.com...

The wolf is the symbol for both feminine and masculine energy, therefore it is a mixture of power and smoothness, strength and grace, physical and psychological endurance carefully mingled with tact and elegance.

This dream seems to me to represent the polarities of energy striving for balance. The masculine (conscious and active) energy is striving to unite with the feminine (unconscious and passive) energy and it will burst and rupture through anything in its way to achieve balance...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
You already said everything I was going to say that doesnt support it being Fenrir!

But judging by your speaking and your location I will conclude you are very familiar with Norse mythology. So I can only say, that you would dream about it is extremely normal. For example people who studies aliens too much may have dreams about it and even think they were abducted. Delving in to topics is a powerful thing.

Ragnarok is a recurring event though. So it may start happening again soon. But Remember! There has to be 3 Fimbul vetr in a row to mark the beginning (according to them). And the Gods wont be around this time.

So soon as you see triple nuclear winter - panic!

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ridhya

Good call Ridhya!
Winter thrice, with no spring in between...that is the sign of the Fimbul.

Yes, I am very much familiar with the old Norse faith and tradition, it goes to the bone.

I know it was "just a dream", but I have never had such one in my life...until now that is.

Whatever it meant, it was pretty cool

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wouldn't that be Fenris the wolf from Norse mythology.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
Wouldn't that be Fenris the wolf from Norse mythology.

More like "the Fenris Wolf". But Fenrir is the original name for it.

top topics

join