It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnels on Moon can habitate humans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
www.phenomenica.com...

Quote from source:
India's Chandrayaan-1 mission has identified tunnels below the surface of the Moon, a top space scientist said on Wednesday and maintained that human habitation could be possible in those "tubes" in the future.

Director of Indian Space Research Organisation's Space Applications Centre based in Ahmedabad, Dr Ranganath R Navalgund said the terrain mapping camera, an Indian instrument on the lunar mission, has found "new types of rocks" and hollow tunnels.

These tubes were formed after the flow of lava from volcanoes, he contended.

"Tubes which are hollow have been found below the surface of the Moon. Such things have also been identified from the Chandrayaan mission ... from terrain mapping camera ... which was our own instrument".

"Now those tunnels which have not collapsed ... which are below the surface of the Moon and which have been identified ... are somewhat interesting features," Navalgund told reporters here.

I had to post this because it is was a neat article. The idea that we could be on the moon in little tunnels is a thought that gets me excited.

I find it interesting that there are 'tunnels' on the moon. Something I definitely did not know.

Any thoughts?

Pred..

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Hey there predator 0187 !

You may enjoy this .........even though it is Mars that is the primary focus , the moon gets a mention if i recall correctly.

Penelope Boston: Life on Mars? Let's look in the caves

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Beware the moon worms D:
ha. all i know is if they find new crystal formations i want some :]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Thanks for the video.

Look interesting but I am tending to think that the tunnels are just from what they say, valcanic activity. They could for all means be made by something else.

Do we still have active volcano's on the moon? Maybe I'll have to google it.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I wonder if the basalt eating moon worms are pooing diamonds?

top topics

join